Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not new, but new to us.

2013 Zetec with 1.0L 125hp. The Ford dealer arranged the roof rails, installation, and bars for cost price to seal the deal.

Very happy so far. Simple and practical little car.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Welcome here, I too have a 125 PS Zetec and it is black metallic!

Mine does 41 MPG and goes very well.

You mention "simple" , well, when you get to know the car you will find it is not so simple, there are lots of gadgets to play with.

Servicing is important as with any car. I found changing the plugs and an oil and filter change made it feel more responsive and quicker of the mark.

Enjoy yourself, be aware of the thick "B" pillar that can obstruct your view a bit.

Geoff

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MagicalGirl said:
Welcome along, what do you plan to do with your new found freedom?

We're going to go exploring, but first I have to lug tools around to help set up my new workshop. Mitre saws are a bit hard to move using a Brompton.

Hallii - not many of the extras boxes were ticked when this thing was new, so by modern standards it is quite simple (however, bear in mind that I did learn to drive in a 1971 Corolla which was about as complex as a Soviet era tractor). No built in satnav, reversing cam, bluetooth, or anything funky like that.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Zetec models have all this over the base studio models
- Alloy wheels , Remote central locking, One touch global closing of all windows, Bluetooth (Yes!) Ford Sync phone system with Emergency Assistance, Tyre deflation detection, Front fog lights, Quickclear heated screen. not bad eh ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hywel S Wales said:
Zetec models have all this over the base studio models
- Alloy wheels , Remote central locking, One touch global closing of all windows, Bluetooth (Yes!) Ford Sync phone system with Emergency Assistance, Tyre deflation detection, Front fog lights, Quickclear heated screen. not bad eh ?

I'd better go and read the manual to see about that Bluetooth...

·
Registered
96 Posts
MadMarsupial said:
MagicalGirl said:
Welcome along, what do you plan to do with your new found freedom?

We're going to go exploring, but first I have to lug tools around to help set up my new workshop. Mitre saws are a bit hard to move using a Brompton.

Hallii - not many of the extras boxes were ticked when this thing was new, so by modern standards it is quite simple (however, bear in mind that I did learn to drive in a 1971 Corolla which was about as complex as a Soviet era tractor). No built in satnav, reversing cam, bluetooth, or anything funky like that.
I learned to drive in a 1955 Leyland Comet truck, crash gearbox, no heater, nice in the winter!!

Geoff

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hallii said:
I learned to drive in a 1955 Leyland Comet truck, crash gearbox, no heater, nice in the winter!!

Geoff

Sweet Jaysus!

I once drove a truck with an 18spd 'Road Ranger' gearbox. Once...

My mother once commented on how lovely synchromesh was. She didn't have to double clutch from second down to first anymore...circa 1960 or something like that. Then years later my dad commented on how his 1989 Toyota Camry (ex-company car he retired with) was the 'best' car he'd ever driven - compared to the assorted 1930s and 1940s big Jags his dad owned and that my dad learned to drive on. The Camry was boring, but did everything well and with little effort (power steering, 4 wheel disc brakes, 4spd auto, etc, etc).

Old cars are much harder work. I'm constantly surprise how good even the most basic of modern cars are.

·
Registered
242 Posts
If only, when I bought my Bmax, I had the piece of mind to haggle for a set of roof bars.........

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I've found ford gearboxes are the best I've driven and that includes the premium brands.

·
Registered
242 Posts
So many "old" wagon drivers seem to drive and rave about the BMax. I wonder why this is???? I too am an ex wagon driver, just not old!

·
Registered
315 Posts
I do not think it is just old wagon drivers Paul, but I do think it is a great car, but I fall in love with which ever Car, Wagon, Wife, I have at the time, because you might have to keep it a long time.

Edited by: jackkook

1 - 13 of 13 Posts