Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ,

I have a 2012 1.0 Eco boost B Max manual ,
That literally just stopped with now warning on Friday no smoke no steam nothing.
To cut to the chase , Fords called today to tell me , I need a new Engine , New Turbo , New Catalitic Converter , whilst the block is out they will change the Clutch
Total all price ,
拢10,766.88 I am not going ahead with it I鈥檓 now looking for a replacement. Any thoughts guys ?? 馃憤

Registered
I鈥檓 really sorry this has happened to you.
Did Ford explain the reason for the failure?
Cambelt?
I don鈥檛 blame you for not wanting to spend 拢11k!! The only other thing you could do is find another engine yourself and get an Indy to fit it.
But that route has its pitfalls; I think that you鈥檝e come to the correct conclusion.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cambelt?
I don鈥檛 blame you for not wanting to spend 拢11k!! The only other thing you could do is find another engine yourself and get an Indy to fit it.
But that route has its pitfalls; I think that you鈥檝e come to the correct conclusion.
Hi ,

thanks so much for your reply , yes it鈥檚 cam belt , I am back at Fords Tomorrow looking at a small van as I use it for Fishing also.
Thanks again 馃憤馃憤

Registered
Hi,

Sorry to hear about the misfortune. For information what was the mileage at failure, as there is always discussion on changing non-chain Cambelts?

Better luck in the future.

Geri

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Cambelt?
apparently the compression on all 3 Cylinders is bad , it鈥檚 on around 80,000 the belt was due for change this September as it鈥檚 10 year old.
But I鈥檓 hearing the belts are covered for longer than that , ie there any truth in this ?
I鈥檓 just so paranoid I鈥檓 being caught 馃う鈥嶁檪锔

Registered
apparently the compression on all 4 Cylinders is bad , it鈥檚 on around 80,000 the belt was due for change this September as it鈥檚 10 year old.
But I鈥檓 hearing the belts are covered for longer than that , ie there any truth in this ?
I鈥檓 just so paranoid I鈥檓 being caught 馃う鈥嶁檪锔
Are you sure it has 4 cylinders, not 3? If 3 and they told you about 'all 4' I would not trust their advice.

Super Moderator
Nope, i've read and re-read all posts and do not see where you mentioned 4 cylinders, maybe my eyesight is waning lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts