Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I'm sorry if this is a duplicated message as I'm sure many of these questions will have been previously asked.

We are looking to buy a second hand B-Max mainly due to practicality and my positive experiences owning two Focuses withe little reliability issue. The only thing holding us back is some concerns reading reviews regarding some reliability issues mainly centred around the battery. The Bmax would be to replace a smaller car with reliability issues hence why iti is important for us.

is it generally a reliable car?
Have the battery issues been ironed out in younger models?
Which year should i go for to get best reliability?
Anything to look out for when looking at second hand models?

Appreciate you are more likely to read reviews of things gone wrong and there will always be individual cars with problems. Thanks for reading and any advice.

Paul

·
Registered
315 Posts
Welcome ps2017, only one thing to be said, DO NOT buy an Automatic, all the other models have been very reliable.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi and welcome,

The only information that I can remember about batteries related to Bluetooth (something I know nothing about) and it trying to connect and draining the battery. I seem to recall that there are plenty of threads on the Forum giving much better information than me.
With respect to generl advice, the only things I would say are
a) to avoid the automatic. Although it appears that some improvements have been made, there are still too many regular gripes for me to feel comfortable that Ford have cured the weaknesses in that gearbox.
b) Try to find a vehicle with at least the rear parking sensors, as they really are a help. Never having had them before I was amazed at how they ease the stress in crowded car parks.

Good luck in your search,

Geri.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Battery can be an issue on higher end models if you overuse all the electrical addons such as electric seats, windscreen, lights ect at the same time and do short journeys. But that would be the same for many cars as the battery doesnt get the opportunity to recharge.

There was a problem with a turbo pipe on the earlier ecoboost models.

Dont buy an automatic.

Most of us here love our B Maxes.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I bought my Bmax Titanium at one year old, with 3400 miles. I immediately noticed an issue with the battery draining. One simple software update fixed it and I can quite happily run everything at the same time and the battery keeps up.The problem related to some minor items running overnight, e.g. bluetooth phone searching, proximity sensors responding to cats or blowing leaves, etc.
This was much more so if the car was not locked overnight.
BUT... software update solved everything. I think it is now done when serviced but worth asking about.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts