Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As it has been about 4 cars since I had to have one MOT'd, I didn't know what to expect in terms of what was regarded as normal. In the old days 3 years could always find something to fail.

Geri

·
Registered
273 Posts
Although I have just moved my Bmax on, it had its second MOT at the end of August and FAILED.
It was down to a badly worn front suspension arm. The workshop explained that it was probably because the clutch assembly had been in and out so many times, that the wear was caused by the warranty repairs!
Still, it's gone now. I'm now on the Seat Arona forum.

Just a reminder, I still have an unused Bmax spacesaver wheel and tyre for sale, complete with jack kit. It would need to be a collection. £40 cash and it's yours!

·
Registered
311 Posts
It's always good when a vehicle passes it's MOT without any problems, especially now they have new ways they can fail.
Then again, if a car is serviced regularly, there shouldn't be too much to go wrong. It also depends on where you get it MOT'd.
The place I've had my vehicles serviced for quite a few years, would rectify any small faults rather than fail it. Also helps if
a vehicle is serviced and MOT'd at the same time.
Too many people nowadays never get their car serviced, and rely on the MOT to find any faults, as well as getting the AA/RAC
to get them out of trouble.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.