Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I made my decision, a Ford B-Max Titanium, with loads of goodies. It took what felt an age to arrive but when it did I was so pleased. Race Red, with the tinted windows looks superb and I walked around and admired my choice, I was happy. I drove the car home, took photos, posted them on Facebook, like you do and admired the car in its digital form... Still happy. I drive the car for three months and then, while at the petrol station filling my pride and joy up, I noticed something odd.

The number plate, is that the right number plate? The pump goes click, I return the nozzle to the pump and I look again. The last three letters are HTT... HTT, that is not right! I go to the front and it says HHT, WTF! I go to the back again, it has been a long day, maybe I am going mad, it is possible. No! The damn number plate on the rear is wrong!

I get home and tell the wife... she clearly thinks I have lost my marbles. She has a look... No, I am not going mad I have the wrong number plate on the rear of my car.

So the following morning I arrive at the dealer. Bemused they ask whats wrong and I tell them! Nah, mate, can't happen. You get the gist, they go out and sure enough realise the cock up. Thankfully HTT was a test plate, not one from another car and they immediately resolved the issue.

What would have happened if I had been pulled over by the police I will never know. There is something to be learned from this experience. Never, ever, assume that these things are right. Have a check list. At the top, are the plates 100% correct, front and rear, and go through that list. Make it exhaustive, all the goodies you ordered, make sure the VIN is right... Do it, because dealers can and quite clearly do make mistakes.

What is even more funny is the fact that I work in quality assurance... Says a lot don't it?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I recall a similar occurrence in Scotland many years ago.
Driving through Stranraer one fine August morning I was following a Ford Cortina Mk IV when he suddenly started flashing his lights at another New Cortinathat was in front. They then pulled over and parked at the side of theroad. It was only when I passed the two that Irealized both seemed to have the same plates. Itwas apparent that both had come from the same dealerwho had screwed up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts