Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interested to know if these are common:

Boot catch stopped working for about an hour - fixed itself

Glovebox plastic bolts fell out fixed under warranty twice. Needs doing again..

Seatbelt warning chime sounding but no passenger - fixed itself

Weird creaking noise (i think something with the sliding doors) when going from a flat surface onto a gradient..)

Sometimes the radio takes an age to switch on.

Minor and intermittent things that dont ruin my enjoyment but bit annoying. Out of warranty in the summer so will try and get them looked at. The only frequent issue is the clunky/creaking noise from i think the rear doors..

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Doors can be adjusted to stop the creak, Ford should fix under warranty.

Boot has to be shut firmly and sometimes bounces. I think this is normal for the B Max.

My radio sometimes takes a while to come on, minor annoyance, but not concerning me too much.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Havent heard of the glovebox issue before, but have heard of problem with seatbelt warning that needs a replacement sensor in the seat.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Cianpars I'll get the door looked at. One day the glovebox fell into the footwell. 2 plastic bolts/screws that came unseated..

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Sounds like the invisible man might be sitting there.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Just a bit strange that they seem to fix themselves, makes it very difficult for you to get Ford to fix the issues if they can't repeat them.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've had the passenger seatbelt issue a few times.

Ford garage 'diagnosed' without looking at the car as a replacement seat pad, at a cost of £140+. Needless to say I didn't take them up on their kind offer.

I must admit if the warning sound goes off I have just plugged in the seatbelt with no-one in the seat.

A journey or two with someone in the passenger seat wearing the seatbelt seems to 'clear' the issue next time there is no passenger.

Most peculiar and slightly annoying I must say, but every car has its quirks I suppose.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Cant you turn the warning off in settings?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Cianpars, you can't turn the seatbelt warning off, no.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Only happened once but felt a bit spooky. Defo no one in the seat! Seems to be the odd thing happening as warranty time approaches!

·
Registered
161 Posts
TheInstructor said:
Cianpars, you can't turn the seatbelt warning off, no.
You can disable both the seatbelt warning chime and the seatbelt warning light on the instrument pack.
Switch on ign, engine not running, then fasten/unfasten the seatbelt buckle 10 times. Switch off ign the switch back on and start the engine. Seatbelt warning now disabled.
Repeat the procedure to enable it.
Why anyone would want it disabled is beyond me.
Edited by: pegleg

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
The reason he wants to disable it is because the switch in the seatpad has failed meaning he gets the warning when nobody is sat in the seat.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I do apologise Cianpars. I have obviously not read that page of the manual. Why would ford put this feature into their cars though?

·
Registered
161 Posts
It's not in the manual.Many seat buckle switches operate this way including L/R.
If you were a delivery driver in a built up areaor maybe postman, perhapsyou'd want the chime turned off.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
In all honesty, I never forget to put my belt on and always check passenger. It's become automatic over the years.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That's not true. Switch on the ignition, wait for the seatbelt light to go out, then plug the seatbelt in 9 times within 60 seconds and the seatbelt alarm is now disabled on that seat. To enable it, just repeat the process. It worked fine on my car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Steve D said:
That's not true. Switch on the ignition, wait for the seatbelt light to go out, then plug the seatbelt in 9 times within 60 seconds and the seatbelt alarm is now disabled on that seat. To enable it, just repeat the process. It worked fine on my car.
Thanks for that, got the same seat belt chimeproblem.
how do you know its worked ? does a message/chime sound or is it a wait and see.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Steve D said:
Just to confirm that doing the above does work

A no cost fix to an annoying problem.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts