Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a problem on my A/C when it is set in two positions only it makes a horrible loud droning noise. It is the manual turn button type on a 13 plate 1.0 eco-boost manual petrol engine. The settings that it does it in are fan on 3 or 4 (left knob ) heater on 2-3 o,clock ( right knob ). I have had it back to the garage 3 times now, head mechanic first said it was not right then said fine, second mechanic said does not sound right not heard another one do it. The garage manager said it was ok at first as he had sat in2 cars same as mine that did it, I went over to Ford at Westwood Cross Thanet and asked the manager if I could sit in one to listen he said none the same as mine available and he would get back to me.Well the manager never bothered and I had to go back over there again,basically mine is not right and they tried to fob me off,said they had sold both the cars that he had sat in the previous day. I was told it was a big job for a small problem in their eyes as the whole dash would have to come out ! Well I,m not happy with the way they treated me and told them I want to hear another one making the same noise or I want another car or my money back. I was told to get an independent report and go back to them,shocking service from Ford !! I am monitoring it and am far from happy but don,t want the dash out and they said they would need it for around 5 days ! I will just not use those settings and live with it and when I trade it in it will be going back to the garage I bought it in good faith from. Why won,t they let me sit in another car to listen ? Please can anyone with the same A/C set your,s up in the settings mentioned earlier and see if you get the loud droning noise,thanks.Carl.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi Carl
I have pretty much the same car, engine, and spec as you by the sounds of (pun intended!).

I must admit that my car also makes quite a loud droning noise when the fan is cranked all the way up to'4'. Not sure if it is with the AC on only orwith the ventilation.

I'll have to have a listen on the way home.

99% of the time I only have the fan on '2', and the AC on max cooling is saved for a hot day (which we haven't really had for a while).

Where do you live?, as it could be a good chance for the first forum meet to compare car noises! as another member (Ahmedz) also appears to havethe same type of engine noise.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wayner73 said:
Hi Carl
I have pretty much the same car, engine, and spec as you by the sounds of (pun intended!).

I must admit that my car also makes quite a loud droning noise when the fan is cranked all the way up to'4'. Not sure if it is with the AC on only orwith the ventilation.

I'll have to have a listen on the way home.

99% of the time I only have the fan on '2', and the AC on max cooling is saved for a hot day (which we haven't really had for a while).

Where do you live?, as it could be a good chance for the first forum meet to compare car noises! as another member (Ahmedz) also appears to havethe same type of engine noise.
Hi Wayner,thanks for reply mate. Yes I only use my a/c with the fan on 1 or 2 most of the time same as you it,s just knowing there is something not right on a car you have just bought and the garage being so poor in dealing with it that has peed me off.
The loud droning noise only does it on 2 specific clicks on the right button in heater section,the other clicks before and after are fine.
I have posted on Ahmedz post about the engine tapping noise as I also get this from time to time not every day though,will be keeping an eye on it.

I am way down on the South - East coast in Deal,Kent mate .

Thanks for your help,much appreciated.Carl.

Edited by: carl

·
Registered
8 Posts
The loud droning noise only does it on 2 specific clicks on the right button in heater section,the other clicks before and after are fine.

Mine does exactly the same

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for letting me know your,s does the same Gazza,maybe it,s normal or we have the same fault ?
Cheers.

Carl.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Carl,

It happens when heat control is set at about 2 o'clock and the fan speed is on 3 or 4 all other settings are fine, I'm not worried about it I don't think its a fault unless someone else can enlighten me

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi ,just an up-date. I had to take the car back to Ford at Westwood yesterday as I have a problem with the windscreen wipers being noisy tried everything and changed wipers twice. The manager is waiting for new Ford wipers to come in and has said to try them to see if that helps, hopefully getting them to me today, it,s horrible the screeching noise and the juddering of the wipers sticking to the windscreen is obviously not right.Whilst I was there I mentioned the noisy a/c problem again and the manager and Technician have now agreed that it is not right . The manager did say they could try putting another blower box in but was not sure if this would solve the problem . They said it was a vent somewhere in the system causing oscilation when the fan was at higher settings 3/4.
He did say they could try and find the problem vent but it would mean stripping the front seats out,also the whole dash would have to come out. The manager said in honesty this could create further problems as the dash is factory fitted and may not go back in exactly as it was .
I understand what he is saying and don,t want my car messed with so that it comes back with rattles/creaks that it did not have ( it already has an intermittent rattling noise in the drivers door that is very annoying so could not cope with further noises from the dash )
Also being on a 13 plate the 3 year Ford warranty expires in March 2016 so I said to the manager I could be left with a massive bill if the a/c fault gets worse. I asked if he would honour the warranty for an extended period to cover the a/c only and he has agreed to cover it for a further year.
This situation is not ideal but I have just got to live with it, a shame it has taken the good feeling of getting a newish car away.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts