Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
I've got the same 64 plate BMax as you except mine's a Zetec with 17000miles and have just had my first MOT and third service at a Ford dealer. Total bill £230 which I didn't think too bad. There was no video because of a technical issue. This video thing is becoming quite common and I like it. My son recently had his Fiesta MOT'd at Mike Brewer Sheffield and the video showed wear in track rod ends. Skoda do it as well.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, you had a bargain compared to what I paid. Mind they wash & valet it to !!!

Yes , I suppose the video would be good especially if there was a problem, as you can't argue with visual evidence.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hywel S Wales said:
Wow, you had a bargain compared to what I paid. Mind they wash & valet it to !!!

Yes , I suppose the video would be good especially if there was a problem, as you can't argue with visual evidence.

Mine also had a jetwash and they vacuumed the carpets. That's all

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi all, my three year service at 10820 miles (cost £295) included the valet, 12 months full ford breakdown cover through the AA , parts and labour at £90 per hour. Also got the video and about 15 pages of vehicle checks. As i have posted previously, i won't be using the main dealer in the future.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've just checked under my bonnet. All fluid levels topped up including screenwash. (I get the breakdown cover too.)

·
Registered
14 Posts
When I inquired at my local main dealership a 'Ford parts service' which included oil & filter change, plugs + one other filter would be £244 not sure if that included the VAT. On my old classic car I do that in an afternoon. I also inquired about preventive maintenance for the underside, meaning something like a wax-oil service, but all they had to offer was a body & paint check. Check? - what the **** that? - a fat lot of good that'll do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts