Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new car is 1 week old and i noticed the PDI part of the service book was not stamped - car dealer said they will stamp book as it was done before i collected car last week. He said i need to bring car into service department when it is 3 months old so they can check fluid levels and wheel nuts etc.

Anyone else been told this because i thought next service is 12 months or 12500 miles.

I don't mind the extra attention my car is getting but find it strange as Ford don't recomend this.

·
Registered
97 Posts
It used to be necessary on new cars but most cars are pre run in so don't need anoil change like they used to. It is optional choice, no doubt the dealer will find something to charge ford for

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Is this check not what they call a 'courtesy check', done free after a period? I know I had one but I have no idea what they did or should do. It is probably a check on their computer diagnostic machineand a routine check of those things they know have come loose in the past!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They said they can do it while i wait - i presume it is just checking oil and wheel bolts and a courtesy check underneath.
With the suspicious mind i have, i think it might be a way of charging Ford or even me a few extra quid.
We will see.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Guys,
Long time reader that doesn't post on forums very often here.

I took our B-Max in last week for the free courtesy check, they checked the underside of the car for anything loose, fluid levels and the tyres to make sure they are wearing evenly.

It also gives you the opportunity to have them fix and other issues that you may have come across in the first 3 months. In our case the electric windows would not close using the "press once" function like they would opening. Happy to report that they are functioning as they should now though.

My only gripe on the day was that they managed to lose my car key for an hour!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi all,I was never told at point of sale to return my car at 3 months, nor have I been contacted by the dealer for a courtesy check. I do not think that my PDI was stamped also. I have had the car for just over 3 months now, and I will be calling the dealers in the morning.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Specialk said:
Hi all,I was never told at point of sale to return my car at 3 months, nor have I been contacted by the dealer for a courtesy check. I do not think that my PDI was stamped also. I have had the car for just over 3 months now, and I will be calling the dealers in the morning.
Just ask service department about the 1000 check - my ford dealer Evans Halshaw is doing mine, infact i have it booked for July with them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts