Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st b-max had judder problems BUT loved the car so much now own 16 plate titanium 1.6 if problem arises will have it fixed and move on, happy days

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Brave move to get another one after the problems you had with the first. Hope you got the manual this time.

I have the 1.0 Titanium X 123 bhp and love the car. Piwer of a 1.6 when I need it with the economy of a 1.0 when I don't.

What sort of MPG do you get with the 1.6?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Getting 45mpg on motorway driving and 32mpg on local driving will let you know if any judder starts but like mystic Meg said think lucky and be lucky

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Sounds about right. That's what I was getting from a couple of 1.6 Mondeos I had. It's a solid engine though if a bit on the thirsty side.

How do you find the gear ratio's? The 1.0 ratio's are a tad on the high side, but that helps the MPG and I can change down if I need to. Around town, I hardly ever use 5th, but it is a great ratio to have out of town and on the motorway.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had 1.6 citroën c4 cactus it's a bag of nails compared to the b-max have now got smooth gear change and that stop start done me head in cut it off most of the time I've had a lot of car's over the year's and ford come out top for me

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
The French didnt name it lemon for nothing then.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hi Barry, is your car an automatic and what mileage has it done ? it would be interesting to hear from anyone who their automatic has been OK ? it is perhaps only the ones with problems who post on here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Jack, yes it is automatic with 3,500 mls on the clock, previous b-max I had did 9,000mls before any juddering started fixed under warranty time will tell if ford have rectified the problem

1 - 9 of 9 Posts