Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we have a 2016 titanium (under warranty) auto which when driving for no reason the air bag light comes on , the heater blower stops working , the radio display goes blank , and all electric windows stop working all at the same time , the cars has been back to Essex ford 3 times and on the last visit (2 weeks ago) they replaced the dashboard complete ...this afternoon (hot day) the same fault reoccurred !!!!!! if i turn the engine off and re start after several minutes most fault disappear but fault can re happen as and when !!!! not to order ...any ideas ? frustrated now

·
Registered
264 Posts
we have a 2016 titanium (under warranty) auto which when driving for no reason the air bag light comes on , the heater blower stops working , the radio display goes blank , and all electric windows stop working all at the same time , the cars has been back to Essex ford 3 times and on the last visit (2 weeks ago) they replaced the dashboard complete ...this afternoon (hot day) the same fault reoccurred !!!!!! if i turn the engine off and re start after several minutes most fault disappear but fault can re happen as and when !!!! not to order ...any ideas ? frustrated now
Did 'dashboard complete' include the electronic control box or whatever Ford call theirs? It probably is that or a fault somewhere in the wring loom.

Reactions: cwcars

·
Registered
264 Posts
not sure , so you think it could be the body control module or loom ?
There seem to be too many totally unconnected items that show faults, all fused separately. That's what leads me to thinking loom or ECM.

·
Registered
453 Posts
There seem to be too many totally unconnected items that show faults, all fused separately. That's what leads me to thinking loom or ECM.
I would guess it was just the instrument cluster that was changed, entire dash is a huge job and still probably would not include the BCM.

apart from the airbag light, fairly certain these are all on the 'mid speed can bus', so could be any component on that, or its loom.

question to OP: does the car have a 'black box' for insurance etc, or other obdII device?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no black box , we have now replaced the body control module at the cost of 350 quid and its still doing it , so the speedo binnacle has been replace , the BCM has now been replaced and it still not fixed the problem , this afternoon the windows stopped working , the radio stopped working the screen went blank , the air con and blower stopped working !!!! if i stop the engine and restart the problem has gone away but only for a short time !!!! what can we replace now ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts