Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello new member here.
I've bought my 2014 B Max auto in April of this year. I was told it was an ex mobility car with full service history I was advised this would be great for me as it won't have any problems. After a month I started to feel a judder in low gears.Not having owned an auto before I have no idea what was going on but it started to get worse like hopping around corners in low gear and having not a lot of oomph from 0+ accelerating from a start. Sometimes at roundabouts I would put my foot down and nothing would happen therefore leaving me in a precarious position at times. I took the car back to where I bought it yesterday after the juddering got really bad and was informed that they had had it for about four hours that it was what I had thought (I Googled this and found it was a problem with the B Max). As I had one years warranty they said they would replace the clutch housing I believe this is what they said as I'm not mechanical. They were going to have it for 2 to 3 days so hopefully this will work I would love to receive comments from other people as to what happens if they have had this done thank you very much Alexandra

·
Registered
315 Posts
Welcome to the group Glam, let us know the outcome when you get it back.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi Alexandra. There is a huge amount of information on this forum about problems with the automatic transmission. It might be a good idea to have a read through as it is well documented. Good luck with your car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much I will do I haven't had a call today to say it's ready so that will be two days I have had it so far. Alexandra

·
Registered
98 Posts
Unfortunately it is a well know issue, not just with the B-Max actually but a lot of Ford auto's around the world. Hope you get it sorted but keep pushing whilst you've got the warranty there. (Although I understand Ford have extended the warranty for the gearbox now.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts