Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.Thank you for allowing me to join your group.

We haven'tpicked our car up yet, but looking forward to a leisurely drive back from Lincolnshire on Saturday.First Ford in a long time, and hope I haven't made a mistake.
Reason for changing from my never let me down Matrix, is because it had got old and passed it's best.

My wifehas some disabilities sothe rear sliding door will make it a lot easier for her to get in and out, and the boot looks large enough to get her disabled scooter in.

Wedidgofor a 3-4 mile test drive (high speed & cruising) to check out the auto box, as I had heard some nightmare stories about this piece of equipment.
I couldn't fault it, but hopefully the drive back to Yorkshire will give it a good test.

I have joined the group, as when we had the Hyundai, I was a member of their groupand the members were always helpful with advice. Hopefully I can lean on yourselves if and when necessary.

Regards
Gregg

·
Registered
311 Posts
I'm sure you'll be very happy with the car Gregg, it sounds very much like ours (frozen white)
Many of the autos were sold under the mobility scheme. As you say, tons of room in the back, and not
forgetting the parcel shelf is easily removable. A lot of the Autos (usually referred to as a powershift, as it is a manual with auto shift) have had "judder" problems, pulling away when hot. There are a lot of threads about this on here, so won't go into that again. Economy wise, on motorway and A road driving, you can get up to 50mpg, but around town expect about 33mpg. They are a nice car.

Did you buy yours privately or from a dealer ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for a reassuring reply.Bought from a dealer in Lincolnshire, with 24mths parts and labour warranty.
It's a good 70-80 mile drive back home, so will get a good work out on the way.
Fingers crossed. ;-)

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
B Max good choice.

Auto box a bit risky.

1.6 petrol goes OK but a thirsty beast.

Diesel engines very good and economical.

Best choice is the 1.0 99 or 123 bhp. As quick as a 1.6 pwtrol but much more economical.

Hope you enjoy it. I love mine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, had it just over a week now and so far so good.

Nothing in particular to fault, other than the dimmer for the dashboard doesn't work.
Hadrian 1, this one is an ex mobility scheme car.

One question though, is the 1.6 Zetec a cam belt or chain drive?
Regards
Gregg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts