Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow members I have just purchased a 7 year old B-Max one of the earliest produced. My only problem is that the heated front and rear windows have not worked since purchase. The car has a 3 month warranty which has 2 months left. On returning the car to the dealer he told me that the heated windows will not work if the battery is below 50%. I told him the heated seats work OK and if anything had to be shut down surely the seats would be switched off first and not the windows as it is a safety issue in wet weather an unclear rear screen could be classed as offence by the police. The salesman had no answer.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Get it done under your warranty.
Front screens not working (or half screen working) is a common issue. Rear screen not so much.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The dealer states that they will have to check all the electrics including the alternator output. The battery looks quite new so doubt that is the problem. This problem seems to be a recurring fault after checking other threads on this site. I believe the problem lies with Ford's computer control of the cars electrics and totally stupid to stop the heated rear screen from working just because the battery is not up to a certain charge. I was driving in traffic recently during a thunderstorm and could not see cars to my rear. This is potentialy dangerous and should never be allowed to happen. Well done Ford you have probably increased the accident rate with your silly design feature.
The driver of the car is responsible for ensuring all windows are clear. The police would not accept that Ford are at fault.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts