Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have two 12 volt output points in the B Max and also what I would call a USB socket which I believe is to use modern gadgets like MP3.
I always use two sat navs, not always on together mind, but to avoid too much clutter I have been running a 6 inch screen Tom Tom from this USB port for the last four months. Today, however, on my journey home the screen went blank, and I had to restart it. My one hour journey took close to two as I pulled in to lay bye after lay bye to try and rectify the problem; even doing a master reset. Eventually it packed in altogether giving me the impression it was battery failure. On arriving home I replaced the USB cable with the standard 12 volt one and plugged it into one of the auxiliary outlets; and since then all has been well !!

What I am asking is, is there a reduced output from the USB socket; or is there a problem with that cable; I know some power is getting through because initially the unit would turn on when I put the plug in the socket. I am mystified.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The usb out put will only be a 5volt and a very small current due to it ment to be used for reading data off ipods usb sticks etc i would get a ciglighter splitter if you wanted to plug two items in to the 12 volt out put.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for info !! I am surprised the Tom Tom retained its power for as long as it did.It would have been useful if Ford had made reference to this in their handbook.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts