Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have been looking for a review for the 1.5 TDCI unit in the B-Max. I can see its highly regarded in the Fiesta, however my worry is the 0-60 is 16 seconds in the B-max.

My price range is either the 1.4 petrol or the 1.5 TDCI unless I get lucky. For the same price I am looking at a 1.4 140 SE spec Meriva.

Anyone have any experiences how it measures in real life driving

Best regards

Barry

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have had a 1.5 some 13 months no doubt a very comfortable smart car to drive,no ball of fire and if you want decent mpg forget about speed to 60 or indeed speed at all. Actually the 1.6 is a much better engine all rounds, hard to believe but true. The 1.5 is Fords own diesel but the 1.6 is same as in Citeron Picasso and Peugeot a much-more lively unit. A lot of dispute re mpg some seem to get in the 60s and others very unhappy low 40s all depends on that right foot and concentractrion on driving habit. I have been able to get max 53 on long journey but to be honest don't think it is worth the worry,I prefere a bit of decent"push it on". Over all I seem to get round 46. Found tyre pressure of 36 to best for me.A
very comfortable drive not as quiet as I would like but big problem, my wife loves it. End of storey.
I also have a very old battered 1.6 Picasso which I love and if I could afford would have one of the new style C4 Picassos,give one a try you might be surprised,it is one well developed car. After changing wives or house car change is the 3rd most stressfull action,however it can also be the the most enjoyable,if you don't make best choice first go it is a lot easier to change your mind than with the first two. Happy motoring. arm 987.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Arm987

I am looking at the following within my price range £10k -£10.5K

12/62 Plate meriva 1.4 140 SE

62 Plate B-max 1.4petrol or Deisel in Zetec trim

13 Plate C3 Picasso 1.6 HDI VTR+

62 Plate Dacia Duster with Air con

Perhaps a new Stepway

My wife wants something that got a good high up seating position

We currently drive a 1.6 105 Hp Zafira life, so am use to slow 0-60 speeds

Kind of heading towards the Meriva at the minute onspec

Best regards

Barry

·
Registered
418 Posts
Take a look at the Hyundai i10; it is reasonably high off the ground, dirt cheap and very roomy inside. Not as economic as the 1.6CRDI B Max which consistently gives me 65 m.p.g. under all conditions, but fuel consumption does seem to vary according to the time of day it came off the production line !!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts