Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

Just joined here, and took delivery of my BMAX 1.0 125 Titanium this morning... on the face of it pleasing.
Just came out of a 10MY Golf estate.

Lots of new features to get used to ..how does everyone else find there Bmax...seeing some mixed messages on here...

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have had mine - titanium 1.00 125 - for two months and find it surprisingly good car. My average fuel consumption over a variety of conditions is now 43.8mpg, on a longer run at motorway speeds (not over 70) I return between 51 and 53 mpg. nothing has gone wrong - yet. The stat stop works in all conditions and the climate control works fine. Best of luck with yours.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the same model as Pete J above and have had mine since last September. I too get about 52mpg on long journeys, 20 miles and above and get 40mpg on short journeys around town. I find it a lovely car to drive, the engine so smooth and quiet. Excellent gear change. Great Sony radio/CD and a host of good features. Mine is Moondust Silver and it just looks great. One of the best cars I have had in nearly 50 years of motoring!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks...day 2 am am pleased with it so far, very smooth engine, and decent amount of gadgets inside too.

Two questions though, do your wipers operate and go to the edge of the screen then on the way back down to park position at the bottom of the screen, they stop about 3 inches of the bottom for a second or 2, and then park in their final resting position at the bottom of the screen...not annoying me but just wondered if other peoples b max do the same

Also how many miles have you guys covered now in your cars?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Yes, it is normal for the wipers whilst active to stop near the bottom and when inactive they 'park' closer to the bottom.

Personally I have found it a pain when you stop the engine.

As for edge of screen, bear in mind this vehicle was designed for the EU and therefore a LH drive. Consequently the UK divers side of the sceen is not as completely wiped as the passenger side. Some 3 to 4 inches is left uncleaned which in freezing weather can cause ice to build up in that area unless you put the screen heat on. It happened to me and can be dangerous. A complaint was made but the vehicle passed all tests in Spain and was found suitable for the UK, nothing we can do.

Mileage to date 9300 since Nov. 2012 but I do travel (air) quite a bit

Edited by: makem

·
Registered
69 Posts
Got mine on Friday and I'm more and more impressed by it. Yes the wipers do that, fortunately the dealer told me about themwhen I was picking it up and playing with everything.

Not kept looking out the window at my car since I got an XR3i back in 1991!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts