Ford B-Max Forum

Ford B-Max Forum (https://www.bmaxownersclub.co.uk/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.bmaxownersclub.co.uk/forum/14-technical/)
-   -   Tyre pressure indicator (https://www.bmaxownersclub.co.uk/forum/14-technical/1208-tyre-pressure-indicator.html)

Tewmi 27th October 2016 19:42

Hi I wish to know if the tyre pressure indicator show which tyre is low or just that a tyre needs to be inflated. Mine is showing a low tyre indicator in the dashboard. I looked around my car and all of them seems to be good.

Hywel S Wales 27th October 2016 20:41

See this earlier post - Should help hopefully.

https://www.bmaxownersclub.co.uk/foru..._topic200.html

Tewmi 28th October 2016 09:02

Hi friends I managed to sort it out the issue with the low tyre indicator, I found that one tyre was slightly low and after inflate it the tyre warning light went off without doing nothing. I left the engine running while checking the tyres and I didn't had to go to setting in the menu to switch off the warning light as I read in other post. It was really few below the right pressure and it's my first car with such warning light.

JimmyH^_^ 1st November 2016 11:52

hm..sounds like you may have a faulty tyre valve sensor?

Bjmoseley 22nd December 2016 05:26

Re tyre pressure monitor. There are no sensors on the tyres on the B Max, it uses the ABS system to monitor the rolling citcumference of the tyre, when a tyre loses pressure it in effect becomes smaller thus rotating more than the other tyres and inducing a tyre pressure warning on the dash board.

Tewmi 22nd December 2016 07:14

Thanks, I had the impression that a sensor is attached inside the tyre, It's really useful to have.

Nick 24th December 2016 08:41

There certainly are sensors on my car - which is the pain in the a** because one set of sensors cost roghly the same as set of winter tires. [img]smileys/smiley35.gif[/img]
I would very much prefer ABS monitoring system, but no such luck.

number6 18th April 2017 15:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bjmoseley
Re tyre pressure monitor. There are no sensors on the tyres on the B Max, it uses the ABS system to monitor the rolling citcumference of the tyre, when a tyre loses pressure it in effect becomes smaller thus rotating more than the other tyres and inducing a tyre pressure warning on the dash board.

This information is NOT correct for my 64 plate B max Titanium X auto.
Having had the warning twice, I checked pressures and found one to be low. Pumped up and warning went off again.
Had it checked and had a faulty valve. The tyre fitter told me that it was an ABS based system, as above, but then when he took the tyre off, he discovered that it was a pressure sensor valve stem, which connects somehow (Fitter said Radar??) to management system.
New pressure sensor valve fitted and sorted.
Only problem, standard valve 5 + VAT, pressure sensor valve, 25 + VAT.

cianpars 18th April 2017 17:25

I can alao confirm that each wheel has a pressure srnsor built into the valve.

MaxineS 27th January 2018 12:37

Hi, New to this site. Have a 14 plate Titanium X manual which has had an on going issue with warning light on dash coming on for low tyre pressure. Have been inflating tyres on a regular basis and now my husband has replaced the inner valves on rear but, although time space slightly better, still have a problem. Tried taking it to STS Tyres and they said it was a very common problem and Ford only part so they couldn't help. Surely if this iscommon shouldn't Ford recall it? Also, read somewhere that because someone had a corrosion problem with faulty sensorit meant replacing the whole wheel!! No doubt Main Dealer is gonna charge a small fortune for a 15 min job?!