Ford B-Max Forum - View Single Post - Brake fade problems
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 20th November 2020, 11:43 Thread Starter
prestoni

Brake fade problems

Hi there, I am new to the site. I have had our BMax for 7 years and despite having water ingress into the boot which was caused by a displaced overflow pipe under the fuel filler it has been really good until now as it has been flexible for what we need a car for.

The car failed its MoT about 3 weeks ago on warped discs so I agreed with the MoT station to change the discs and pads. As you would expect this should have been an easy job. Before the MoT the brakes were excellent with feel and confidence. Since the changing the discs and pads, the pedal is soft when driving. When stationary the pedal is firm but as soon as the car is started the pedal is mush. The guys suggested it was the master cylinder but I have never had one go as immediate as that. It turns out after changing the master cylinder the problem still exists.

Has anyone else had this experience? I am told it could be a vacuum problem and they are checking it over. The car has been in the garage for 3 days and still I am no further forward.

I look forward to hearing from anyone out there that could help.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome