Ford B-Max Forum banner

Fuse types

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Wiggy 
#1 ·
Hi all.
I am going to fit a dash cam into my B-max sometime soon but i want to hard wire it so the parking mode feature will be enabled. The feature is ONLY enabled if the cam is hard wired.
My question is - I intend to use fuse taps for the connections needed but i cannot find out which type of fuses are fitted to the B-max, i.e mini blade,maxi blade, standard blade etc etc.
Anyone know which type is fitted ?
Thanks for your time and effort.

#2 ·
I've fitted a Kenwood dashcam to my wife's car using the Kenwood hardwire kit which comes with various piggyback type connectors. Also Next base do a fitting kit with a range of piggyback fuse connectors too . I'll be fitting a Kenwood to the Bmax when I've got some time to play with .

Mark

#5 ·
The parking mode feature requires a connection to a permanent live feed and the cam itself has to have a connection to a switched supply so the acessory socket would not work.
As for the OBD port, i'm not sure there is a connector that exists for the cam i am getting as the cam is new out this year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.