New B-MAX - Page 3 - Ford B-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 18th October 2015, 20:00

Latest on Bmax delivery now at Dagenham now 32 days since gate release.Hopefully in the next seven days it I could take delivery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 18th October 2015, 20:25 Thread Starter

Latest news for me: Gate release 8th October, delivery to dealer during w/e 31st Octorber.

I did notice on the printed information from the dealer it said military order!

The retailer manager did say he had called in a favour to get my second order quickly.
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 20th October 2015, 12:47

Delivery update
BMAX arrived at dealer today I am hoping to take delivery on Friday 23rd.
post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 25th October 2015, 20:56

Collected new BMAX on 23rd October 94 days from ordered at dealer 37days from gate release.Makem I hope your delivery is quicker than mine.
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 25th October 2015, 21:12 Thread Starter

I just had an email from the manager who says it may not make my 31st October deadline.

They will therefore buy my car, give it back to me, insure it and I keep it until my new one does arrive.

Even after arrival they have to prep, fit roof bars and fit door foot plates and boot brotector. So a bit longer then normal I would think.

However, I won't really notice will I? The only difference is the colour! (plus the extras)

If I should prang mine then no matter, it is not mine!

Extract:
Paul will organise for you to sign a Used Car Purchase Invoice for AU62LDO. This will enable EAG to insure AU62LDO on a Coopers Solution Insurance Policy until your new B-Max is available for you to drive.</pre>

Edited by: makem
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 3rd November 2015, 21:15 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by makem
Just ordered my second B-MAX for delivery in September. New colour no in brochure yet - magnetic silver.

Part-exchanging the old one for same model with all same options plus roof bars.

Anybody doing similar or is it too early yet? Close on 3 years for me.
Look at the date of that post - early July!

My car is now at Dagenham - 3rd Nov!

Been promised it can be collected before 13th Nov. or else!

On 13th Nov. the interest on my Ford Credit loan will increase from 30.40.

They will pay the increase for me if necessary.

Edited by: makem
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 6th November 2015, 23:06 Thread Starter

I collect on 12th November.

They do believe in cutting things fine.
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 7th November 2015, 10:19

Makem,

I will be interestested to see your comments on build quality of your new motor after you have picked it up. Purely subjectively, the new one feels better than my original B-Max.

Geri

B-Max Zetec 1.4 Petrol
Mid 2015 build
Pretend Spare Wheel
City Pack
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 7th November 2015, 11:49 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geriatricus
Makem,

I will be interestested to see your comments on build quality of your new motor after you have picked it up. Purely subjectively, the new one feels better than my original B-Max.

Geri
Ok, will do but must try to compare like with like.

For example, would a titanium appear better built than a studio? Would a 1L Ecoboost appear better built than a diesel? Or a manual, better built than an automatic? Each of those groups have had problems but I seem to have seen less posts by titanium Ecoboost owners about proplems.

Apart from some spots from a fitters gloves on my headlamp bulbs and slack seatbelts I have not had any problems.

My car was one of the first into the UK, would those cars have had a deeper inspection?

post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 7th November 2015, 14:21 Thread Starter

Just another thought.

I did have a problem. a serious problem but that was a design fault which was not accepted as such.

As you are aware the B-MAX design was approved in the EU and as such a left hand drive model was tested and approved.

Approval was also given for the same design to be used in the UK and it appears to be fine until you get freezing fog and rain on a motorway.

This happened to me on a journey from Blackpool to Chester which had to be abandoned because of bad weather and I have to leave the motorway area traveling West instead.

What happened? Well, at 65 to 70 mph in the centre lane of a 3 or four lane motorway in rain with the windscreen wiper working the wipers suddenly stopped clearing the screen! Why, because down the right hand side of the screen was a suddenly formed band of ice some 1 cm thick and 5 cm wide. The blade was jumping over this, picking up bits of ice and holding parts of the blade off the screen. The blade was banging down onto the screen and bouncing as they came off the ice.

The water on the screen was filthy from lorry crap being thrown up and it became very dangerous. What did I do, first turn on the screen heater and attempt to make my way into a safe place the remove the ice which meant leaving the motorway as soon as possible as traffic was nose to tail in all lanes.

The ice built up in a few seconds without warning due to the unusual sudden arctic cold, so it could not be anticipated as was suggested by Ford.

I had great difficulty in removing the ice which was firmly stuck to the screen and surrounding rubber.

Take a look at the sweep of the wiper blade when sitting in the passenger seat and compare it with that from the drivers seat. It is/was obvious that the left hand blade cleared the screen almost up to the rubber down the side. Not so on the (our) driver side. Fine for left hand drive and 'adequate' for the UK?

The dealers acknowledge the problem and tried in vain to help by adjusting the blade on its pivot. The uncleared area added to the blind spot width of the pillar.

I wonder if this has been remedied?

I doubt it as it would mean a total re-design of the equipment positions under the bonnet to allow the pivot to be moved a few cm to the right seen from the driver. But, I can hope.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford B-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page