New B-MAX - Page 2 - Ford B-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 12th September 2015, 11:17 Thread Starter

That is what I did.

However the information available does not cover everything and some 'missing' things are not missing so it can be very confusing. However, it did start me on the trail to check exactly what I was getting when I asked for an identical vehicle except for colour.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 12th September 2015, 22:25

Have you already gotthe VIN of your orderednew Baxfrom FMC
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 12th September 2015, 23:48 Thread Starter

Ive had the VIN for ages and as soon as I gotit I sent the salesman a query about missing things.

Edited by: makem

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 13th September 2015, 12:31

Sounds like you have let down by your dealer in many respects I take it they have reordered, hopefully the new VIN will match what your requirements are.I have checked my old VIN with the new VIN and everything seems to be what we have ordered?
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 18th September 2015, 19:49 Thread Starter

I compared the old vin with the new vin and found discrepancies. However, I am prepared to wait longer for the correct spec as they have compensated me adequately.

I am just hoping (well not really), they don't put the roof rails on the rejected vin car or they will need to compensate more (free rails?)

post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 20th September 2015, 18:19 Thread Starter

Just as a matter of interest:

To take up a similar B-MAX to the one I ordered (Has a few things less) on the Ford Personal Lease scheme would cost 10,848 for 9k per year plus 5.89p per mile over.

That is some 5000 more than doing it the way I am doing after 2 years 10 months.

When I finally do not purchase another car I will have a car which I can sell. Under this scheme you never own a car.

So, I am wondering why people take such an option.

post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 22nd September 2015, 18:43 Thread Starter

Bulld date for my replacement car is 6th Oct 2015.

Anybody taken delivery recently who knows the approx. built to delivery period? I am told Oct. delivery but there are 31 days lol.

post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 7th October 2015, 16:53

Delivery timeBuild date 09/09/15 Gate release? 16/09/15 contacted dealer todayit is now at New Flushing arrived there today awaiting shipping from Netherlands hopefully 7 to 10 days to dealer.
Ford seems to be very slow in there delivery logistics.
Now at 20 days.

Edited by: Ickey
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 7th October 2015, 18:02 Thread Starter

Thanks.

Mine was initially ordered way back early July and the latest order placed 28th Aug. Now built 6th Oct and est. delivery to dealer 31st Oct. Probably another week or so to collection.

That is a pain for me as my current B-MAX insurance runs out on 1st Nov and the 7 day drive away insurance may not cover it. That means a 25 charge for changing the insurance again as I had to do on my current car when I changed the number.

Is the dealer still giving a year free breakdown? I forgot to ask. Ive had 3 years top of the range AA cover free so far and expect another 3 years.

post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 7th October 2015, 20:42

Breakdown cover included in the first year of the 3year warranty.
I have thefirst and secondyearservice whichincludes free breakdown cover at my ford dealer. I was in the AA but the cost wasincreasing and as the ford cover is carried out by the AA and having had good reports of the Ford breakdownservice this was my best option for my requirements.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford B-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page