What options / spec have you ordered? - Page 3 - Ford B-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 56 (permalink) Old 20th March 2013, 01:07

As you say Sjust, delivery may well be different in the UK, after all we have an English Channel to get across from where you are!
So that may mean you got yours quicker as it only had to travel overland from Transylvania - oops, sorry Romania!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 56 (permalink) Old 21st March 2013, 14:56

Popped into my dealer today, and got an ETIS printout of my B-Max [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

B-MAX B232, 2013.5MY, 5 DOOR MAV, TITANIUM, NON SIP, 1.0 ECOBOOST 100PS,
5 SPEED MANUAL, RACE RED, NEW YORK/EBONY CLOTH

KEYLESS ENTRY, 15 X 4 STEEL SPARE, PRIVACY GLASS, CITY PACK

Ignore the Spare above , as I have already arranged for a Standard Alloy Roadsize Spare for the wheelwell. We had a check with the dealer last week, and he showed it fitted into the showrooms model wheelwell!
It protrudes about 11/2" above the well wall height, but there is still plenty of room in the 'under floor' storage compartment.

ORDER DATE:31 JAN 2013
PROD DATE:16 MAR 2013
ETA TO DEALER: 06 APR 2013 [W/ENDING]
[img]smileys/smiley41.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smiley20.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smiley32.gif[/img] [<)]

So, 1st WEEK in APRIL, will se us in our neewww car [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img] Yippee I Yay!!!
post #23 of 56 (permalink) Old 21st March 2013, 18:36
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis_Zadian
out of interest, what was your told delivery date before the callModestmillionaire? just togaugethe expected to the actual[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]
Was always told the scheduled date was 16th march and if all goes well I should pick it up on 23rd.
I did give Bristol Street Motors in Worcester a ring just to test this delivery problem on the pretex of ordering a non stock vehicle. They said that if I ordered one now (last week) it would be around the end of May - 10 weeks.
post #24 of 56 (permalink) Old 21st March 2013, 18:46
Groupie

Just to add a bit more info. It appears that Ford have an admin problem with actually picking cars up from their distribution depot in Belgium . They are experiencing severe bottlenecks in the system. It does not appear to be a build prob.
post #25 of 56 (permalink) Old 21st March 2013, 20:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modestmillionaire
Just to add a bit more info. It appears that Ford have an admin problem ......

Yay for British schooling.... we can count up to 10 honest.... [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

<center>
</center>
post #26 of 56 (permalink) Old 22nd March 2013, 00:32

Recently, a member thought that vehicles might be being stored in Tewksbury, Glos.
The dealer today told me that all vehicles come into Southampton Docks, and are stored there before road transport takes them to where they have been ordered from [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img] .

I also had a look on Google Maps earlier, as on my Etis printout it states the location in the town in Romania where either the build factory is located, or where the storage site is.
It's stated as:- CRAIOVA [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]
post #27 of 56 (permalink) Old 22nd March 2013, 02:04

Yup, the factory in Craiova (if you want to see it) is here :44 17 55 N 23 50 52 E

I am going to [img]smileys/smiley23.gif[/img]geek[img]smileys/smiley23.gif[/img] out on you now... so brace yourself.... I bet I get this completely wrong, but this is how I think it works out....and for the record.. maths is not my strong point...[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

* It's approx 1, 357 miles from the factory in Romania to the French coast line (give or take a mile or two)

* Car transporters on the motorways are limited to 60MPH

* This gives a completion drive time of 22 hours, 30 minutes if the driver was non-stop

(However, as there are laws for distances a HGV driver can travel before legally having to take a break, we need to factor that in!)

*A HGV driver must take a 45 minute break every 4 hours 30 minutes of driving

*(Total time = 22.5 hours) divided by (Allowed Driving Time = 4.5 hours) = (Total Amount of breaks = 5)
*5, 45 minute breaks would come to 3.75 hours

Total Journey time fromRomaniato French Coast (including breaks) = 22h:30m + 3h:45m = 26h:15m. Of course, this does not factor inshipping time across the water, UK transport time,
roadworks, diversions, weather, alien invasion, donkeys taking over the planet or Simon Cowell exploding...

so you'll probably need to add a few days for that too.[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

<center>
</center>
post #28 of 56 (permalink) Old 22nd March 2013, 10:38

Well now D_Z, I reckon cars might be transported by rail from Romania to French coast, then shipped to Southampton, offloaded into J and A Marshalls storage area, which seems to be just south of the start of the M270[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

All the above could be completely wrong of course [img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]
post #29 of 56 (permalink) Old 22nd March 2013, 11:40

I do not have enough energy to do all the working out again, and "GoogleEarth" probably does not have that information for calculation (shakes fists at google)...[img]smileys/smiley9.gif[/img]

<center>
</center>
post #30 of 56 (permalink) Old 22nd March 2013, 14:58
Groupie

Mines actually ready for pickup tomorrow in Cheshire - but have you seen the weather forecast?No chance risking the M6

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford B-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page