Anybody used online purchasing? - Ford B-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10th July 2013, 11:45 Thread Starter

I did all the research and found a very good deal online so I went for it.

On the first day I was contacted and it transpired that there had been a "misunderstanding" about the Ford finance contribution so that was 1250 more. Then the following dayI was told that metallic was 495 extra (despite them having sourced a car in right colour and given me a delivery date.)

All this despite my being very careful in identifying the spec. of the car I wanted.

I simply told them to get lost(in similar words).

I am posting this in case anyone finds this site and is thinking of buying on the web. Be very careful.

I rang up my local Ford (who had done two dems for me) who were able to get near to the price so I went with them.

Geoff

PS Strange that it is cheaper with finance than without!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10th July 2013, 16:56

In my experience Ford have been cheaper with their own Finance than without it for a number of years now. I've assumed that they make more money via the Finance deals than they do on the cars they sell.

Perhaps they could just set themselves up as loan dealers and forget about the motors altogether...
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10th July 2013, 17:51 Thread Starter

Well they are not making much out of me!

I have taken minimum finance (3000) and will pay it off ASAP.

I am not moaning, 1250 is not tobe sniffed at

Geoff
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 8th November 2013, 14:33

Ihave been offered a discount (1500) if I take out finance on a new B-Max. When I advised that I wanted to pay cash, I was then told that, if I took out the finance and paid off the balance after 1 month, I would still save a lot of money. I cannot find details of this on the net, put presume that there might be an arrangement fee, an early cancellation fee and interest to pay on the full amount for 1 -2 months? Has anyone tried this. Any idea what the total cost might be on, say 15k?
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 8th November 2013, 14:53

It would be helpful if you could indicate the firm with which you had the issues
Regards
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 8th November 2013, 15:39 Thread Starter

I took out the minimum loan with Ford Finance. paid it off after making one payment, I think it cost me about 120, but since I had saved 1250 I consider that a bargain.
Geoff
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 8th November 2013, 18:12

I took out the minimum 3000, first and last payment 142.95, remaining 22 at 132.95; overall cost 3210.80. I was going to pay it off after the first payment but can't be bothered. May do so in 8 months time when it does not seem so much to fork out. But yes there is a 1250 saving.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11th February 2014, 12:56

I bought my 1L ecoboost Titanium online a month ago. I was a bit wary as I have never done this before, but everything worked to plan and the car arrived on time. I saved over 5k on the deal and the car had the extras of parking sensors, spare wheel and metallic paint so was well pleased. I have driven the first 500 miles and everything is excellent.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11th February 2014, 14:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackatbarry
I bought my 1L ecoboost Titanium online a month ago. I was a bit wary as I have never done this before, but everything worked to plan and the car arrived on time. I saved over 5k on the deal and the car had the extras of parking sensors, spare wheel and metallic paint so was well pleased. I have driven the first 500 miles and everything is excellent.
Well done! 5k is quite a saving.

I bought mine from a dealer way back in 2012. I would be interested in the full spec you bought, heated front seats, stop/start etc. If you don't mind, how much you eventually paid. I am wondering how the prices have changed since I bought mine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11th February 2014, 15:00

Well, I paid 13300 new and the list price with the extras was 18600, but no one would pay that price. It doesn't have stop/start as It is the 100 bhp. The car is the Titanium model and The extras were as I said previously said, the city pack (which is the parking sensors and heated and power folding mirrors), spare wheel and metallic paint but the Titanium is well spec'd in itself.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford B-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page