Drivers Door Lining - Page 3 - Ford B-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 23rd December 2016, 10:45
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hywel S Wales
Great result. This is what this forum is REALLY for !
Thanks Hywel, I,m glad this annoying door rattling problem is now sorted for everyone. I had tried everything wd40 , banging it,bluetack etc but something told me to pull that strip off and bingo there was the problem a couple of lose screws. It,s so nice to drive now the intermittent horrible rattle has gone.The heated screen does not work properly though , buttons work some mornings and not others and when it does work only the passenger side clears.
It,s such a shame the B-Max has these problems as it,s a nice car to drive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 23rd December 2016, 10:51
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geriatricus
Thanks for this,
My last B-Max developed this problem during the third year, and although it drove me nuts when it was happening it was intermittent so I could not be bothered to chase it. Now we all have the solution, we can get onto the Dealers under warranty if it starts, and tell them what needs doing.

Geri
Thanks Geri, glad this problem is sorted for everyone. I concur if the warranty is still in place let Ford do it as it was quite hard to get the shiny black strip off and if it breaks while Ford do it they will have to replace the part.[img]smileys/smiley20.gif[/img]
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 13th January 2017, 00:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl
Hi Steve, I had the same problem it was doing my head in ! In the end I forced the black shiny strip off near the door handle thought it was going to snap but it didn,t it just popped off. Then you will see some screws that's the problem they were lose,so screwed them tight put the shiny black strip back on which was easy just line up the studs and push hard. I have not had the dreaded door rattling since !
Good luck with it ! Carl,

Legend[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]
I knew that it was a loose screw... I was going to be taking to door apart at some point as it was really driving me nuts. I had thought it was coming from the handle but wouldn't have been brave enough to pull at the shiny black strip without having seen this!
Strip removed, screw was extremely loose so tightened it up, will see over the next couple of days if I have a peaceful drive.
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 13th January 2017, 12:50

it gives a whole new meaning to having a screw loose!! Good Luck!!
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 13th January 2017, 20:40
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenWalters
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl
Hi Steve, I had the same problem it was doing my head in ! In the end I forced the black shiny strip off near the door handle thought it was going to snap but it didn,t it just popped off. Then you will see some screws that's the problem they were lose,so screwed them tight put the shiny black strip back on which was easy just line up the studs and push hard. I have not had the dreaded door rattling since !

Legend[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]
I knew that it was a loose screw... I was going to be taking to door apart at some point as it was really driving me nuts. I had thought it was coming from the handle but wouldn't have been brave enough to pull at the shiny black strip without having seen this!
Strip removed, screw was extremely loose so tightened it up, will see over the next couple of days if I have a peaceful drive.
Thanks Ben, I,m happy that the very annoying rattling in the doors is now sorted for everyone mate. [img]smileys/smiley20.gif[/img]
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 22nd August 2019, 17:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl View Post

Thanks Carl - this little tip helped me find my rattle.

Shiny trim popped off rather easily. Immediately I could see one screw was loose.

However, the noise always went away when I gripped the door pull, so now I could see that there was a smaller piece on the bottom of the handle and I removed that too.

A couple of thin strips of PVC tape were added to the edges, then the part put back on, the whole handle and electric window panel screwed back firmly, and black shiny trim popped into place.

Like magic - noise seems to have gone! Will test it for sure when I hit a motorway on the weekend.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford B-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page