battery discharging - Ford B-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 11th November 2014, 18:02 Thread Starter

has anyone had problems with their battery on b max discharging, mine is two years old and for the past few days I have had trouble starting the car, sunday battery was dead, charged over night and next day dead as a doe doe. A chap from the aa said he has heard their is problems with the sync on b max and fiesta and for some reason if someone walks by the car with Bluetooth on it 'wakes the car up' and starts the battery discharging!!! any thoughts, I took it over to garage who basically charged the battery and said they couldn't find a problem.[img]smileys/smiley24.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 12th November 2014, 11:14

Not convinced by the AA explanation. If it's not done it for thetwo years before now then there is a fault. On an older car I would suggest the obvious such as the alternator not charging or a failed battery cell.

Spurious battery drains can be a pain to trace

Dagenham Dave does Cornwall - 1.0 Zetec 100PS Frozen White registered 30th January 2014
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 12th November 2014, 11:57 Thread Starter

Bit of a concern, as I have a year left on the warranty........love the car but been back and forth to the garage more with this car than any I have ever had
post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 19th November 2014, 23:11

My brand new bmax titanium discharged overnight ,aa reported possible computer fault ,garage checked it over and discussed ,ford said they were aware of problem and working on a fix, they told garage to disconnect Bluetooth and auto lights, it appears ok but I want my Bluetooth back, suggestions plead
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 19th November 2014, 23:12

Please instead of plead
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 20th November 2014, 21:08 Thread Starter

Ha sounds like what happened with mine, garage just charged it up again but aa man told me it was a known fault with b max and fiesta and yes something to do with Bluetooth, said to turn my Bluetooth off every time I leave the car but if someone walks by with Bluetooth on their phone my car battery will start discharging.....still holding charge, so far.....but not a happy bunny
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 23rd November 2014, 11:15

My bmax is 3 months old battery has discharged 3 times ,the first two times I connected a jump battery and away it went,the third time I could not get into the car so I had to use the emergency key tried to jump the car again but to no avail ,dash lights went bonkers,(and so was i ).took car to garage I was told that the boot catch was telling the computer that the boot lid was open and the boot light was on and it was discharging the boot was not open several faults were found,garage told me that ford were aware of a problem and that was it.
If any one has had this problem please post and if known what is fix.
Derek Edited by: derek.barbour
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 24th November 2014, 15:49
Dan
Administrator

I'm thinking it would take more than a boot light left on to discharge the battery wouldn't it?
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 25th November 2014, 18:17

Re Kaygee entry. My 15 month old Titanium was running well until this morning. It had a flat battery. AA took 3 hours to come and tell me that, but were not prepared to comment or find out about possible bluetooth connection - or other likely cause.

It may be a coincidence, but I had, last night, for the first time ever, switched on bluetooth on my phone and computer to try and copy some photos. It found "sync" which I ignored. (I could not copy the photos either.)

Car now works. Thanks to this forum I will not be touching bluetooth again!

TerenceJ
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 25th November 2014, 18:46

Terence, I suspect your car was trying to connect to your phone all night. Had you paired with it your car would have stopped searching.
I have used Sync and Bluetooth from day one with no issues

Dagenham Dave does Cornwall - 1.0 Zetec 100PS Frozen White registered 30th January 2014

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford B-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page