battery discharging - Page 3 - Ford B-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 41 (permalink) Old 29th January 2015, 14:14

Update. Icomplained again to Lincoln dealer about our B-MAX Battery Draining, vehicle flat after 3 days parked. I ask them to check with Ford UK if there was a software update to rectify them problem.Dealer phoned me 1 hour later to say they are uploading a software from Ford and asked me to book car in for the update....Hopefully this will be a cure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 41 (permalink) Old 2nd February 2015, 20:45

Hi graham. I have had same problem been waiting for 13 weeks for a fix still waiting Edited by: Robbo47
post #23 of 41 (permalink) Old 15th February 2015, 09:36

HI I got my B-Max Titanium X on 27 December and have had 2 flat batteries since. The first time I was told it was because I garaged the car without closing the windows or locking it. The second time the AA said it was probably a known fault by Ford and they had decided to do nothing about it until owners complained. Am taking back to garage tomorrow Monday and unless it is properly fixed will be changing away from Ford for good. Incidentally screen is always showing a "searching for previous paired phone" message - wonder if that is what is causing issue??

Paul
post #24 of 41 (permalink) Old 15th February 2015, 12:47

Send a message via AIM to saracen01
I bought my used b-max in November and have had no problems with it, but reading this post and with regards to phone pairing I have mine paired to the car all the time and the other day I had to ring someone just after I got home from work so turned off the ignition then got my phone and dialed the number and was surprised when the car started to make the connection rather than just the phone I had thought when the ignition was turned off the sync would not work but was wrong.So i can see what you are talking about with the car trying to pair with the phone but cannot see that would flatten a fully charged battery.
Cheers
Mick

Keep Smiling
post #25 of 41 (permalink) Old 14th October 2015, 18:06

I have Ford B Max Titainium Petrol Automatic. from brand new. Bearly18mths old Three times Ihave hadtrouble with not starting. Charged up over night but after visiting Ford Garage 2 times with similar problems I wastold that they could not find anything wrong. I make sure everything is off and car locked in garage where no one can just walk past (re blue tooth) I am so disappointed as it is the first car I have had from Brand New and first car to cause me so much worry. Isn't there anything we can do? as it is not the product I thought I was buying. Otherwise, I am pleased with the car. Any suggestions other than buying another car!!! Something is draining the battery
Thanks

June Record
post #26 of 41 (permalink) Old 15th October 2015, 09:06

I should have updated my earlier post on this subject. Thanks to this bmaxowners site I realised that my first attempt to use bluetooth coincided with the start of my flat battery problem. No battery warning light! The car would not start. AA said that the battery was holding its charge and was not flat; just too flat to start the car. (At the time I got desperate as I was having to ferry people to a from hospital.) The Ford garage turned off the module that controlled bluetooth (and the USB socket) and replaced the battery (free of charge). Apparently the car stays "awake" for up to 30 minutes after you stop. It was suspected that it was being kept awake by something and that ran down the battery. With Ford's agreement they eventually replaced the controlling module and switched on the bits they had switched off. I have not risked using bluetooth for the last year as it is not really essential to me and I have had no further problems. I now own a quick start box from Halfords - but have not needed it. Nothing is proved, but this is my story. The car was our first new car in nearly 50 years and has been problematic in several ways. recordj's buying another car is a good solution. (If your automatic clutch gives problems then do not hesitate to keep demanding a resolution).

TerenceJ
post #27 of 41 (permalink) Old 25th February 2016, 16:08

I have had my B-max now for almost three years and being a mobility car it is due to be returned in May. Not a moment too soon for me.In that time it has let me down 14 times due to flat battery. I recently purchased a power pack to give mesome sort of peace of mind, there is nothing more annoying than having something that is unreliable, especially a car. it has been back to the dealer 3 times including its service but it still happens.
Also I have been getting the message from time to timetelling me the Key Battery is low and should be replaced. That has been going on and off for about 6 months now.
post #28 of 41 (permalink) Old 2nd March 2016, 17:44

I too have been having far too much trouble with the battery discharging overnight. Ford dealership in Shrewsbury obviously have no idea what the problem is. I have a B-Max titanium X, 1.6 powershift with heated front seats, front and rear sensors, leather, sat nav etc etc. Lovely car to drive, comfortable BUT crap in-car management software. I'm convinced of that fact. My daughter took delivery of a Nissan Duke and my Sister-in-law a Mini at about the same time in August 2015. They have had no problems whatsoever, despite leaving their vehicles both inside and out side for several days at a time, sometimes leaving their doors unlocked. Their specs are compatible with my B-Max and they both use smart phones with hands free and synced to their in-car management systems.

Reading the forum problems related to this battery discharging problem and the replies and answers from the various Ford dealerships indicates to me that far from the multitude of laughable causes that are spouted by the dealerships, the only plausible and common fault has got to be the car management software. The software sub-routines are not being addressed when inputs like doors not being locked, windows left open, phones being switched off when away from the vehicle could all be catered for in such a way that the battery drain is reduced to a minimum. A really clever subroutine could even report what the root cause of a higher battery drain was...But sadly, not Ford B-Max's Engine management software. In the meantime, I'd advise all B-Max owners with this battery drain problem to worry their dealerships until sheer numbers force the dealerships to, in turn, worry Fords to that fact that a very real problem exists with the B-Max.

post #29 of 41 (permalink) Old 3rd March 2016, 18:31

I've just discovered the forum... Because our battery just drained itself and killed the auto transmission in the process. Usual total rubbish from the local dealer does not bode well...
I will be turning off the Bluetooth tomorrow...
Did discover that they now give a five year warranty on the transmission control system... Why? Cos it's error prone perhaps?
post #30 of 41 (permalink) Old 21st April 2016, 21:36

Send a message via AIM to madge
our 18 month old B-Max has been in the Ford garage for 4 days now and they can't find the fault, 28th march drove 70 miles parked up for the day car not locked, after 7 hrs ready for home, no power at all, friend jumped us off, took it to Ford garage, they kept it for 2 days couldn't find the fault, 17th April drove 40 miles same thing happened when ready to come home after stood unlocked for 7 hrs, called the AA, he tested the battery gave us a report on it to take to our garage, but they still can't find the fault. had a new Ford car every 2 years for the past 36 years, never had anything like this happen, seriously thinking of a change now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford B-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page