battery discharging - Page 2 - Ford B-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 26th November 2014, 18:16

After numerous call to Ford and the dealer, I am told a FIx for the battery problem will be available in December. Really .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 26th November 2014, 20:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagdave
Terence, I suspect your car was trying to connect to your phone all night. Had you paired with it your car would have stopped searching.
I have used Sync and Bluetooth from day one with no issues
Why would the car be trying to find the phone?

He was using BT to connect the phone to his computer to copy photos or have I miss-read his post?

Jus a thought I had since typing this - Is BT always on searching every BT available connection? I think it may be but only when the ingnition is on.

If his phone found 'sync' maybe he means as a possible previous connection rather than a current available connection assuming his ignition was off as he was using a computer, presumably indoors!

Edited by: makem

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 26th November 2014, 20:48

You are rightMakem, it shouldn't be trying to connect unless the pairing process was started in the car alsobut I think that may be the fault with the car. Somehow the phone being switched to Bluetooth and searching for devices to pair to triggered the car into action. It shouldn't, but it may have, is all I'm saying.
Dave

Dagenham Dave does Cornwall - 1.0 Zetec 100PS Frozen White registered 30th January 2014
post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 26th November 2014, 22:09

Makem is correct - (I do not understand BT) - and I am not prepared to try it again - but it had been paired 15 months ago and not used since. I suspect that the phone just showed there had been a historic pairing.I had both my phone and computer looking for pairs. Reading other posts, I was considering whether one them had "woken up" the car's BT. I would love to try it again, but I need to use the car! I understand there are quite a few sudden flat batteries in cars made since May 14 - but mine was September 13.
Thank you for your interesting discussion. Terence

TerenceJ
post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 27th November 2014, 10:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagdave
You are rightMakem, it shouldn't be trying to connect unless the pairing process was started in the car alsobut I think that may be the fault with the car. Somehow the phone being switched to Bluetooth and searching for devices to pair to triggered the car into action. It shouldn't, but it may have, is all I'm saying.
Dave
So you think that even with the ignition off, sync BT still is on? If so, that means BT is on from when the vehicle is built. I doubt that and cannot think of a reason why it would be. Alternatively do you think BT is on permanently once you attempt a sync. Again, I doubt it.

There must be a fault which is exaserbated by the cold weather. Another thing to consider is the battery state. We have all been wondering how long the battery will last with the stop start system which must cause extra 'wear' on the battery perhaps gradually reducing it's recharge capability.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 27th November 2014, 15:08

I have been using Bluetooth and autolights since acquiring the vehicle in Febuary without any battery problems. With the ignition off the Bluetooth should not be enabled anyway. These issues are usually something as minor as a microswitch failing to turn off the boot light or glove box light. It doesnt take much to drain a battery over a few days.
Keith

KeithW
post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 27th November 2014, 15:11

There have been quite a few posts suggesting that the battery is inadequate when used with the stop start system in town. Interestingly the 1.6 TdI Titanium I bought does NOT have auto stop start.

KeithW
post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 2nd December 2014, 16:38

Ive just got a b.max titanium on the motability scheme... and find all the posts about battery discharging quite worrying as have Bluetooth although it has been paired with car, its been ok so far but there has been a lot of posts regarding flat or discharging batteries.
post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 4th December 2014, 23:52

Just joined the forum looking for info on another issue and noticed this subject and would like to offer some input.
We bought our 2012 1.6 auto Zetec last June with 10,000 miles on the clock.
Loved the car and had no issues until the end of August. Then the battery light started to make the occasional appearance. Checked the fan belt and as the light never stayed on for long, never thought anything about it.
Coming into the autumn, the light was appearing more and more. Plus, we discovered that the heated window didn't work work when it was on.
A service was due and we asked them to check out the battery light.
The local Ford dealer decided that the battery was faulty and needed to be replaced. It was out of warranty, of course.
Sooo, wallet lighter by 120 off we went. Didn't fix it.
They tried a few things and were talking about replacing the wiring harness!
Turned out(they said) that the firmware in the ECU had to be upgraded with a new program from Ford.
This was mid October and, touch wood, no more problems. Oh, got our money back on the battery.
Never flattened the battery but might be worth mentioning. Sounds similar.
post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 27th January 2015, 13:33

Just purchased B-Max Titanium Powershift 8 weeks ago, bought dealers demo registered May 14.Recently had complete none start flat battery after standing only 4 days.
Ford Assist (AA) stated battery showed a fault but got me started. Took it back to Ford dealer Lincoln Friday afternoon but stated could not look at it until Monday...When collecting report showed 95% battery no fault and diagnostic did not show any problem.
Just wondered if the dealer did a software update from Ford but nothing was said ?

Edited by: Graham uk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford B-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page