Powershift Gearbox Judder - Ford B-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 358 (permalink) Old 25th July 2014, 07:08 Thread Starter

I own a 13 plate 1.6 petrol B max with the 6 speed powershift automatic box, this car is my retirement gift. The car has just had its first service at 8500 miles, about 10 days before the service I started to notice a judder in 1st and 2nd gears , after that the box was as smooth as always. This only happened when the engine/box was warmed up and also on more spirited acceleration, I must add generally I do not use spirited acceleration! On the service I reported this to my Ford garage and they had a look at it, they said that the first technician who test drove the car could not find a problem, they sent another technician for a test drive (engine now warmed up !) and he found the judder. So the car was booked in and they had it for 10 days, on collection 24/07/14 as soon as the car was warm the problem was still there, but not so bad. They had done a re-set of the computer and remarked that Ford insisted that this procedure was followed before they could do any other remedial work. So a phone call this morning 25/07/14 we will find out what they want to do next.

D.B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 358 (permalink) Old 25th July 2014, 21:09

Welcome to the forum Dave

I have ordered the same vehicle as yours and awaiting imminent delivery from Dagenham (been there a week now). Your gearbox, together with others I've read about on this forum, is beginning to be cause for concern to me and I'm wondering if I should cancel when it arrives. ? Are you satisfied with the vehicle, apart from your recent misfortune with the gearbox?.

Jaycee
post #3 of 358 (permalink) Old 26th July 2014, 08:46 Thread Starter

Do not worry about the car it is really nice to drive and use, there is one small downside to having a sliding door, it is more difficult to clean the inside of the sliding door. The gearbox niggle is a small one that Fords version seems to have. The box has been used by other manufacturers for a long time, I had been driving Volvo artics for the 8 years up to retirement they have the same box ! What colour have you ordered ?

D.B
post #4 of 358 (permalink) Old 26th July 2014, 21:56

Tectonic silver with front and rear sensors and mudflaps all round........if I decide to accept it after a thorough test run. Decisions..decisions.

Thanks for the support info....I feel a little more positive about it.
Jaycee
post #5 of 358 (permalink) Old 14th August 2014, 20:32

I have the same car as Carpman at 4,590 miles it's been in for JUDDER problems 3 times on the last visit
Ford Technical Department deemed the fault was not in the parameters required to be repaired under
Warranty even though the problem is existing and will deteriorate.Will check again on first service
this August.[img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]wooden uk.
post #6 of 358 (permalink) Old 30th August 2014, 19:08

My car has exactly the same problem, it's a 13 plate. I told the dealer about it on its first service and they re set whatever they re set. Driving home today in heavy traffic the judder was worse than ever, so back to the dealer on Monday. The car has only done 6000 miles [img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]
post #7 of 358 (permalink) Old 1st September 2014, 14:04

Our Bmax done this from 1k miles!! it's now done 18k and we ended up having the clutch pack replaced under warranty, the car was away for 4 weeks! got it back and within two/three days it was back in the garage, go to overtake, TC light comes on kills all power and eventually stalls the engine, it's been away for 3 weeks so far!
post #8 of 358 (permalink) Old 3rd September 2014, 00:40

Same model , same problem ! 62 plate , 16k miles . Moving from up through the 10 - 20 mph range , if I don't accelerate very gradually & carefully then I get the juddering . It's tricky to manage at first (2nd hand car) but I've got the hang of it now . Having read the above , it seems obvious that I might well be better off just learning to live with it !! IMHO there is obviously a design fault here - a problem between the 1.6 engine & the auto gearbox that should have been spotted & wasn't . Oh , & the heater controls.....don't get me started (just glad I don't have fat fingers) . More importantly , currently looking for a spacesaver , jack etc as I have NO CONFIDENCE WHATSOEVER in the temporary tyreblow-up gizmo . But that's another story/thread ! Overall.....the car's fine for what we need at the moment .Cheers , Ric
post #9 of 358 (permalink) Old 5th October 2014, 18:06

Hi, I'm Kjeld Wiinblad from Denmark +4524450777
I also have a B - max with the exact same problem, has also been in the garage, who could not feel it, they said they were unaware of the problem.
I had copied the text from this forum, witch I gave them , but still have not heard anything , it is now about 1 month ago . And the problem increase from day to day.
Are there any here who have something in writing from a dealer , I would like to hear about it
mail: [email protected]
thank you in advance .

all hope the problem will write here , the more we have the better chance to get Ford in speech

regards
kjeld

kjeld wiinblad + 45 24450777
post #10 of 358 (permalink) Old 5th October 2014, 18:12

Hey guys,

After nearly 8 weeks my mums car came back, they ended up replacing the crankshaft position sensor, the plate that drives it and the flywheel!

Tell us what my dad said thankfully it's all been done under warranty

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford B-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page