Powershift Gearbox Judder - Page 36 - Ford B-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #351 of 358 (permalink) Old 28th June 2018, 23:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by number6
Robert,
Please direct your irrelevant and unwanted comments elsewhere. You are not funny, just a pain and an embarrassment.
+1

B Max Titanium X 1.0 125 bhp in Magnetic with built in SatNav and rear sensors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #352 of 358 (permalink) Old 2nd July 2018, 19:35
Groupie

Cianpars, are you a woman or a whimp?

RC
post #353 of 358 (permalink) Old 2nd July 2018, 19:44
Groupie

What use is a aerosol repair kit if you've broken an alloy on a kerb?

RC
post #354 of 358 (permalink) Old 2nd July 2018, 22:39
Groupie

Ford, after reading all these blogs I'd be very surprised if you haven't lost lots of potential customers! I wonder how much longer you'll remain in business!

RC
post #355 of 358 (permalink) Old 3rd July 2018, 12:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberland
ford confirmed the powershift box has a 5 year extended warranty so i would take it back and get it looked at, they did a TCM software update first (didnt work) then changed the gearbox oil seal a few days ago, so far its working as its meant to. just dont let them fob you off and say its not a problem, google ford powershift problems, as i found its not just the b max thats affected
hope you get it sorted,

not sure ifs connected, but after my 16 plate was serviced, the mpg went from 33 to almost 40 avg
My 2014 auto (6,500 miles on clock) doesn't have a serious problem "yet", but when I inquired at my Ford dealer, he said my car only had a three year warranty on it. I'm sure that the salesman told me it was 5 years when I bought it.
Does it depend on the particular model ?. I was also told the clutch had been replaced once, I don't know when.

post #356 of 358 (permalink) Old 1st September 2019, 13:23

Just copying my post from the introduction page as feel it's more relevant here.
New to the site & still finding my way around.
To follow up from the copied post below my wife called Ford's customer support & they were of no help whatsoever. They totally denied there was a problem & also said they knew nothing about an extended 5 year warranty on the Powershift gearbox & clutch pack.

Hi, New to the forum & you've guessed it. Got a Bmax powershift with the dreaded judder.
It's a 1.6 engine 2016 model. I bought it last year with only 2900 miles on the clock.
It was fine for the first few months but the judder appeared at about Christmas & has got gradually worse. Also, the dash info keeps flat-lining. When it does this there are just dashes like this --- instead of the usual info like miles left to running out of petrol etc.
I have noticed that no one else seems to have mentioned this problem. If I pull over & turn off the ignition then start the car again it goes back to normal. All very well around town but I can hardly do this on a motorway!
Also, the engine warning light came on today but has gone off now.
My wife will be phoning Ford's customer care line tomorrow but if there's any help or info any of you could give us in the meantime we would be grateful.
TIA, Mart...
post #357 of 358 (permalink) Old 13th October 2019, 19:31

Its a pity nobody appears to have answered your post, but as a one time owner of a B Max with Powershift who used to post on this forum, my advice, although probably unwelcome, would be thus.

Take your car to your nearest Ford dealer and insist they fix it under warranty. As stated elsewhere, the gearbox is warrantied up to five years because of the vibration problem caused by the clutch and your car should be fixed for free up to 2021. Once fixed, part ex it for something else at a Ford dealer. Its unlikely they'll refuse to take one of their own cars, because at the end of the day they supposedly have the wherewithal to fix them if they go wrong. Mine was valued by the dealer at book price, though there was a ridiculous last minute quibble due to the sales manager playing dirty. Then buy a different car that doesn't have this problem. My choice was a Honda Jazz, and I've never regretted it for a second.

I had my 2013 B Max fixed by a local Ford dealer, but even so I never had any confidence that the car wouldn't go wrong again. Its also the case that many independent dealers will not take these cars in part ex because of the cost of having them fixed if the Ford dealer refuses to play ball, or if the car is out of warranty. Good luck, whatever you decide to do.
post #358 of 358 (permalink) Old Today, 09:27

If you go to a Ford dealership and they say they don't know about this problem. they are lying.
If they say your particular car isn't affected, they are also lying
It is a well known problem. With court cases against Ford in the USA and Australia.
The latest clutch pack which came out at the end of 2017 seems to have cured the problem.
Touch wood, mine has been fine since it was fitted.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford B-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page