, held og lykke
med
at din indsats
få problemet løst

mange
hilsner
Kjeld
Wiinblad

[img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img]
Translation:
Hello again, I now have several times been in contact with the Danish Ford importer , as
I told you , has extended the warranty on my gearbox to 4 years. they have not wanted to
do something about the gearbox at this time , and when the problem gets worse and worse,
I have taken the consequences and sold my Ford B -Max , I've only had it for 6 months and
only driven 15.500 km , but is so tired of the car, so now I will not . Unfortunately I
can not recommend Ford for new buyers as it is my belief that Ford Excelent know the
problem , BUT WILL NOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT , it means that phrase when rumors spread
that the car's surrender value will fall dramatically , the future , then it is cheaper
to take the loss of the same. To all of you , good luck with your effort get the problem
solved .
</pre>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 358 (permalink) Old 9th January 2015, 08:27

My wife's 13 plate, 5000 mile odd B Max has exactly the same problem and is currently with the Main dealer awaiting Ford's verdict on the how bad the issue currently is. Researching this on Google shows the problem affects other Ford models. Has anyone considered taking legal advice onwhat appears to be Ford's inadequate response? Also be interested to hear other Members stories about what Ford are doing or not doing about their cars.

Nigel Finlayson
post #23 of 358 (permalink) Old 9th January 2015, 10:39

Send a message via AIM to JRB Wakefield
Nigel,

My problem started at around the same mileage (NEARLY A YEAR AGO) I have to say the dealers (Springfield Garage of Knottingley) have been as helpful as they can be but Ford are dictating what can and can't be done. Apparently the judder / rattle has to get worse than what mine is before they will authorise the replacement of the clutch unit. Otherwise I could take the car in, the clutch would be adjusted and the service manager assures me I'll be back in a couple of months with exactly the same problem. Ford do seem to have, grudgingly, acknowledged there is a problem as they have extended the warranty on the clutch / gearbox to 5 years but I have still to get this confirmed in writing. I understand , from another source, that there is an internal power struggle going on. The head of sales has said there should be a recalland new units be fitted. The head of warranty issues is saying <u style="font-weight: bold;">NO.[/u] It would appear he has got his head stuck in the sand, or somewhere a bit more smelly, and is hoping the problem might go away. He is obviously so short sighted he should be supplied with a guide dog and white stick as I'm sure you and hundreds more like us are deciding that if this is the best Ford can do to keep their loyal customer base happy then we need to look elsewhere for our next car - and are we going to recommend then to a friend - NO. As a direct result of his intransigence he is costing Ford MILLIONS in the long run.Better to bite the bullet and keep customers happy.
[img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img]
</br>
post #24 of 358 (permalink) Old 9th January 2015, 13:07

JRBThanks for this, interesting. Heard from our dealer Hendy's of Chichester this morning that Ford have authorised a repair to our car but the part (as yet unspecified) is on back order suggesting a wide demand. Perhaps the Sales Head has got his way. Hendy's say ours is the first B Max they have had with this problem but given it appears to affect other Fords with the power shift box notably Fiesta and Focus I find this a bit hard to accept. Like you whatever the outcome of the repair we will probably go elsewhere for our next car.

Nigel Finlayson
post #25 of 358 (permalink) Old 10th January 2015, 17:51

Since e-mailing you I've had a long chat with both Ford Customer Service and the Service Manager at the dealers.Apparently my clutch isn't bad enough to be replaced yetas the defect is within Ford's acceptable parameters! All the dealer is authorised to do is clean the clutch plates which get vapourised oil on them when the system gets hot. (Why I have to wait is beyond me as there is only one direction this problem is going) Anyway I've agreed that unless problems suddenly get much worse I'll let them test it when it goes in for its next service in March. If no new clutch is forthcoming at that time that's when fan and sh*t come into it. Also I'll give Anne Robinson a call at Watchdog

John Bradley
post #26 of 358 (permalink) Old 11th January 2015, 08:42

JRBWhen I know what is being replaced on our car and why I'll let you know. Might help in your battle with Ford.
Nigel

Nigel Finlayson
post #27 of 358 (permalink) Old 12th January 2015, 22:01

Send a message via MSN to pgbell

I too have the same Judder, but I didn't really notice it until my wife mentioned it. She drives it a little harder than I do, as does my son who has complained about it.
However, at the first service the judder was reported and guess what?? I got the same answer, "Can't find anything, can't replicate it but we've done a system reset"
I must admit it's barely noticeable to me so we'll have to see. Obviously there is a problem or none of us would complain about it, but Ford need to sort it out once and for all, but I guess they'll rid it out until something blows up. C'mon Ford Sort it out now or you'll loose some loyal customers...[img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img].com

Courtesy cost nothing
post #28 of 358 (permalink) Old 16th January 2015, 10:31

Send a message via AIM to spenwith
I have a 62 plate B max millage 10,000.

I have had the judder started in September.

I choose to wait till the service in October to get it looked at, it was the same old story "we cant find a fault with it" to cut a long story short I took it back a couple of time till before Xmas they admitted the fault and the car has been at the dealers ever since. Fords authorised the "clean the clutch plates fix". When I was told the car was ready to pickup, I insisted that they run the car and test it when warm. Guess what the result was... YES!. The judder wasn't fixed.

Fords have now authorised a new clutch pack, I have had the curtesy car so long sales have sold it! I am having to take it back today to get another.

I have found out the clutch pack that will be fitted is a modified version of the one currently on the car, so hopefully Fords have found a fix for the judder. I am trying to find out if the Warranty on the gearbox will be extended.

My guess is Ford are trying to look for an economic way to fix the problem and offering up prayers the judder does not cause an accident. The only problem with this approach is its us the buyers who are being used a guinea pigs.

My advice is insist on the dealer testing the car before accepting the car back, the dealer asked if one of their technicians could drive the car home around 30 miles this was enough to show the judder fult was not fixed.

<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">I'll post a reply when I know any more.

<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">

<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">Francis

post #29 of 358 (permalink) Old 18th January 2015, 15:10

Thanks for that info. With ref. to warranty on gearbox I understand, confirmed by garage, that the transmission is now guaranteed for 4 years and I'm waiting for written confirmation of that.

Regards

John Bradley
post #30 of 358 (permalink) Old 3rd February 2015, 11:55

Heard today that Ford have agreed to re-placement of the clutch pack on our car but after over three weeks still no sign of the parts turning up. Our Dealer tells me that they now have four other customers in the same position. Another B Max and three Fiestas. If anyone is still getting the run around from their dealer about having the problem solved by clutch re-placement, I suggest they go andcomplain in the strongest possible terms. Ford are clearly now accepting more readily that the problem is widespread and refusing to replace clutches is only putting off the inevitable to the benefit of no one!

Nigel Finlayson

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford B-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page