engine malfunction service now - Page 3 - Ford B-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 50 (permalink) Old 21st September 2013, 11:30

There is a software update for this. I've had it and have had no problems since.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 50 (permalink) Old 21st September 2013, 19:01

I had the same....fingers crossed it's not shown since update peoples ford were suprised to see me...the car was only 2wks old when the message happened

nobody could tell me if it was safe to drive or not after the message dissapeared

Edited by: philnicandamy
post #23 of 50 (permalink) Old 21st September 2013, 19:10

Yes I know what you mean. It happened 12 times with me. At one point motability were going to take the car back, but they came up with a update and that solved the malfunction notice coming back on. It was a bit scary to drive especially on the motorways.Hope you get it sorted.
post #24 of 50 (permalink) Old 1st October 2013, 22:08
Groupie

Send a message via AIM to princess max
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertdownie
Hi royster ,There seems to be a problem with the malfunction notice coming on . I've had it come on eight times in the last five months after the third time I took a photo with my phone just In case they did not believe me. I've been on to ford about it and they said there is a software update coming out to fix it, that was three months ago, so don't hold your breath.
Robert Downie.

It happened to me for the first time today, (10 month old B-Max 1.5 Dci). Light came on with audible sound and the power dropped off so the car was struggling to get to 50mph.
I phoned Vospers to book the car in and the lady thought it was strange that the orange light came on. Anyway, car is booked in for 8.00am tomorrow but now the flippin' light has gone off and the power is back to normal!![img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley11.gif[/img]

post #25 of 50 (permalink) Old 1st October 2013, 22:15

There is a software update for this. Tell your garage this and they should be able to get the update. Hope you get it sorted. It's very scary when this notice comes on.
post #26 of 50 (permalink) Old 23rd October 2013, 07:36
Groupie

Engine Malfunction notice happened to me on the bypass 3 weeks ago. Car went in to 'limp' mode so I crawled home, missing my appointment. I rang the Service Centre and they didn't seem to have heard about any other cases. Took the car in to reprogram the computer and hoped that was that. Nope! It happened twice more, sunday and yesterday! I'm getting a bit fed up because I'm losing confidence in the car now. No wonder they give us free AA membership!![img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img]
Edited by: princess max
post #27 of 50 (permalink) Old 11th November 2013, 18:47
Groupie

Well, the car went in to the dealer again last Thursday because the malfunction warning appeared over a dozen more times, each time losing power (one time I was overtaking another car!!).It was in for the day and they were (apparently) on the phone to Ford UK trying to get to the bottom of the problem. They re-programmed the computer and sent the car back to me in the hope that it was now cured. Was it Heck??? Saturday it did it again!
Now it's booked in for TWO days next week to try an in depth investigation. I emailed Ford UK about it and they asked me to ring them to discuss my problem but I refuse to call on an 0845 number which will cost me mega money! Why should I have to pay through the nose to discuss a problem that is their fault? So Ford UK, get a freephone number or a local code to stop putting upset customers off ringing you! [img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley21.gif[/img]
post #28 of 50 (permalink) Old 11th November 2013, 19:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess max
Well, the car went in to the dealer again last Thursday because the malfunction warning appeared over a dozen more times, each time losing power (one time I was overtaking another car!!).It was in for the day and they were (apparently) on the phone to Ford UK trying to get to the bottom of the problem. They re-programmed the computer and sent the car back to me in the hope that it was now cured. Was it Heck??? Saturday it did it again!
Now it's booked in for TWO days next week to try an in depth investigation. I emailed Ford UK about it and they asked me to ring them to discuss my problem but I refuse to call on an 0845 number which will cost me mega money! Why should I have to pay through the nose to discuss a problem that is their fault? So Ford UK, get a freephone number or a local code to stop putting upset customers off ringing you! [img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley21.gif[/img]
Try 01277253000 and ask for the B-MAX team they are very helpful.

Maybe someone should consider making this number a sticky?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #29 of 50 (permalink) Old 12th November 2013, 11:45

If their is a computer Software Upgrade does it have a reference that I can quote because Premier Ford on the Isle of Wight have certainly have no idea what it is. I don't think they believe me it is happening.Does anyone know anything about the law and fit for purpose when it comes to selling you a car.
post #30 of 50 (permalink) Old 12th November 2013, 11:56

Any upgrade would be related to engine type and size imo.

I seem
to remember someone on this forum said he had had an upgrade which
cured his problem. However when I asked Ford I was told the upgrade only
applied to his engine and not mine.

I think the best course of
action is for all members with any problem to consult the B-MAX team.
That is their job according to them and any complaints eventually arrive
on their desk. However. I feel it is better to actually speak one to
one to someone who has Ford responsibility in addition to the service
agents.

I posted the result of my upgrade together with the
current software versions for other modules. Maybe, if you have a 1L
Ecoboost manufactured in 2012, you could compare your software versions with mine? I think ETIS tells you what you currently have.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford B-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page