engine malfunction service now - Page 2 - Ford B-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 50 (permalink) Old 27th June 2013, 20:05

Be prepared that if it is a motability car, the dealer may ask you "have you called out RAC" as they did with me for the same message displayed on the car. They refused to take the car in unless I had a report sheet from RAC. Utterly a waste of time, as the RAC report just states an engine fault that the RAC cannot fix, and you guessed it, they reccomend you speak to the dealership. [img]smileys/smiley26.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley26.gif[/img]

<center>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
</center>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 50 (permalink) Old 6th July 2013, 12:32

Hmm same here as well

1.6 powershift zetec auto had the "engine malfunction service now" message as well...spoke to the dealer who were as vague as can be said the car was not safe to drive..then changed her mind and said it was so she's left me non the wiser!

since speaking the message has gone....i'm in the dealer monday at 8am to see whats happened

seems mad on a car thats less than 2wks old [img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img]

I did however speak to the RAC afterwards they said "oh that old chesnut" you need to speak to the dealer BUT if the message appears again and your not happy ring us back and they'll tow to peoples....wonder what motability say about this all
post #13 of 50 (permalink) Old 6th July 2013, 12:42

After it happened to me twelve times I got a software update which seems to have helped. It hasn't come on for three weeks. So keeping my fingers crossed its sorted. Are you in people's in falkirk. I was with them but moved to macrae and Dick in Stirling. Tell them there in an update for it.
Robert Downie.
post #14 of 50 (permalink) Old 6th July 2013, 13:37

Not that it helps matters under this topic, but when all this happened to me, I found RAC could not do more for me, including getting me a hire car, getting it delivered to the dealer (as I would drive the BMAX to the dealer and the hire car home), when they came out to me knowing that I was a motability customer, they even asked me if there were any immediate journeys needed (medical / shopping) while they were here... to which they were prepared to take me to (but not wait for me to come out from understandably).... if only FORD was like that. [img]smileys/smiley24.gif[/img].... no.
Edited by: Davis_Zadian

<center>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
</center>
post #15 of 50 (permalink) Old 8th July 2013, 13:39

well.....after waiting nearly 4hrs at the dealer they diagnosed suprise suprise a software fault...car has been reflashed and hopefully no more worries..hmm we'll see!!

Peoples ford Liverpool...1st visit and already its a nightmare

post #16 of 50 (permalink) Old 29th August 2013, 23:51

This sounds familiar. I have had the same experience today with my 4 week old BMax 1.4 petrol Zetec. The instrumentation showed Engine Malfunction . Service now and orange spanner lit. The power of the vehicle fell dramatically. I called the Dealer who told me to phone ford assist who sent out the AA. The warning had miraculously disappeared and no fault was logged therefore the AA patrol could do nothing. The fault reoccurred later in the day after only 14 miles! Dealer has now agreed to investigate the fault but it would be helpful to know if this is a common occurrence of the BMax. Not impressed! [img]smileys/smiley13.gif[/img]
post #17 of 50 (permalink) Old 30th August 2013, 00:03

Yes giddylimit,this happened with me 12 times. I didn't lose power,but it was quite scary . They eventually found an update for it and it hasn't happened since. So hope you get things sorted soon.
RobertDownie.
post #18 of 50 (permalink) Old 30th August 2013, 23:41

ditto...2wks old

although fingers crossed it's sorted now since software update

bloody raining in now though somewhere on drivers side NOT happy
post #19 of 50 (permalink) Old 31st August 2013, 13:34

Hello guys,

First post, and it's already in the malfunction topic
Just a quick presentation, I am a B-max owner, 1.0 ecoboost, with 8000 kms on the clock, living in Brussels (Belgium).

Yesterday when coming home got the engine malfunction message and loss of power, like I had one cylinder failing. The service light went on and I turned off the car. Turned on again, all was normal. Went home and today decided to take-it to the Ford Garage.

Before I left home I've googled the issue and got people saying they had the same, but could not prove-it to the dealership. With this in mind I've decided to put a camera on my car to catch the issue!
GOT IT TWICE
Spoke with the salesman (technical service is closed on Saturday) who asked me to bring the car Monday morning. He told me it was safe to drive the car but I've decided to keep it home for the weekend.

Here is the video from this morning, hope it help other b-max owners as it appears to be a recurring issue;http://youtu.be/hXMViyATcEA

B-max 1.0 ecoboost 100bhp
post #20 of 50 (permalink) Old 21st September 2013, 12:24

My wife got the same thing today ENGINE MALFUNCTION SERVICE NOW (Sat 21/9/13) just 900 miles on the clock.Only a salesman available at Ford who advises RAC call out because he says he is not mechanically minded (Yet he works for Ford).
I have had Mazda for 40years until this month without ever having a problem.
I will be queuing at Mazda Garage first thing Monday morning and will not be troubling Ford again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford B-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page