Space-saver wheel delivery delay?? - Ford B-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 18th April 2013, 08:31 Thread Starter

Hello fellow B-Max owners and has anyone ordered a space-saver wheel, tyre, jack and wheel-brace and if so, how long have you had to wait to have them delivered to your dealer??

I know the car is new-to-the-market, but I would have thought Ford would have had plenty readily available as the majority of drivers do NOT like the waste-of-space/tyre-ruining emergency foam repair kit. I have waited 3 weeks so far and still nothing!!!!!

I can only take it that as Ford had a busy registration month, this is what is causing the delay???

Enjoy your driving!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 18th April 2013, 09:17

Seems a bit odd as Iam sure it isthe same wheel as used on other Fords. I bought an unusedFocus one off Ebay for 20. But it may be the holding down screw that varies, I modified the one I useEdited by: rogerhume
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 18th April 2013, 10:59
Groupie

Ordered mine with the car from factory so it came with it - it did take 10 weeks to get the car though!
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 19th April 2013, 10:10
Groupie

I decided post delivery to have a steel spare and gave up waiting. I also saw that they cost 200. Decided to build up the spares from EBay recycled from other Ford models. Much cheaper and the screw fixing can be ordered from Allanford (I think) via their EBay site.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 19th April 2013, 10:23

As with ModestMillionaire, I ordered a steel wheel with the car, I didn't like the idea of relying on some toothpaste (exaggeration) to hold the air in the tyre when I have a puncture.... [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

<center>
</center>
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 19th April 2013, 11:04
Groupie

i also ordered with car and all came together.

NOTE- you can only use alloy nuts for a very short time with a steel space saver!

You may need steel wheel nuts for more than a few days use. About 30p each from dealer.
I bought them for my steel rims (with winter tyres - god they are good in snow!)
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 30th April 2013, 19:33

Same here!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford B-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page