Steering wheel volume control problem - Ford B-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 29th August 2020, 17:31 Thread Starter
JAB

Steering wheel volume control problem

2018 B-Max.
Volume controls on steering wheel don't always work, especially the decrease volume one.
If I slap the steering wheel on that spoke they often start to work.
Any ideas how to fix?
Does front of steering wheel need to come off - wary with the air bag....

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 29th August 2020, 19:42

If it works after you hit it then i would say it probably is a fault with the buttons.
Don't know if they can be replaced or if it means the full steering wheel replacement.
As for the air bag, if you need to go that far then disconnect the battery and leave alone for at least ten minutes. It should then be safe to remove it. I did a similar job on my last car ( replaced the clock spring ) and all went ok. Remember to store the airbag with the side that has the ford badge facing up, then if it does accidentally deploy, it rarely happens, it will stay on the ground and not get launched.

1 litre Zetec Turbo petrol 74Kw / 100 Ps. as in my avatar.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 4th September 2020, 16:25 Thread Starter
JAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggy View Post
If it works after you hit it then i would say it probably is a fault with the buttons.
Don't know if they can be replaced or if it means the full steering wheel replacement.
As for the air bag, if you need to go that far then disconnect the battery and leave alone for at least ten minutes. It should then be safe to remove it. I did a similar job on my last car ( replaced the clock spring ) and all went ok. Remember to store the airbag with the side that has the ford badge facing up, then if it does accidentally deploy, it rarely happens, it will stay on the ground and not get launched.
Thanks for that.

Previous car ( Subaru ) had failing volume buttons ( not as bad as this! ) on steering wheel and the dealer changed the button assay for new one - that had steering wheel air bag too, so I guess the assembly for the volume phone etc. buttons on wheel can be changed on the B-Max. Just getting the silver cover off and maybe airbag!

If it's a full wheel, would get one with the cruise control in too, or just ignore the problem and use the radio knob!

JAB
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 4th September 2020, 19:59

I think the wheel will have to come off as the buttons are probably secured from the back of the wheel.

1 litre Zetec Turbo petrol 74Kw / 100 Ps. as in my avatar.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Today, 07:17

I also have the same problem.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford B-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page