Ford B-Max Forum banner

Gear box issues

9K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  leenysales123 
#1 ·
Hi all. I’m having trouble with my ford bmax. Sometimes out of nowhere I will be driving and suddenly I can’t shift into any gear, meaning I’m stuck in neutral. What I’ve found helps is turning off the car for a min or less and then it works for a bit and malfunction again. This can go on for a few cycles and then the issue seems to resolve itself. I took it in, but the mechanic was like: it’s working fine you have to bring it in when it does it which I haven’t been able to do. Has anyone had a similar issue?

#4 ·
really need to know what engine & gearbox, petrol 1l, (even to 100 vs 125 - or 140) make a difference, or petrol, 1.4 or 1.6, manual or auto or perhaps diesel...
but general advice would be disconnect the battery overnight, and give it a charge. then reconnect it and drive at least 10 miles.
ps if you have an auto, stuck in park, there is a procedure in the owners handbook as to how to release it.

#5 ·
I'm having a similar issue with my B-Max (won't come out of gear sometimes, then have to totally release the clutch before I can proceed). Today and last Monday, it lost power and stalled on approach to roundabout/traffic lights. Garage had it in last Thursday, couldn't replicate or find anything wrong. Did you resolve this? Thanks :)

#10 ·
Currently having the same problem. Only when it has been driving for a little while therefore warmed up. Sometimes it will get stuck in one gear and can't get it out and usually when this happens the clutch won't come up? Got it booked in for a new gearbox next week but they are not sure if this will fix the problem. Finally it did it when the mechanic was driving, so he could see the problem first hand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.