Engine Malfunction - Ford B-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 9th April 2013, 13:15 Thread Starter

Driving at 60mph the engine became 'lumpy' (as if one cylinder was not firing) and lost power. An engine malfunction was indicated and suggested immediate service.

I made it to a lay-by, let the engine cool down and restarted the engine. It ran as normal and did so until I reached home.

I checked the management fault log but it was empty. This was the first time I had used my free OBDII module in anger. In future I will keep it in the car.

I phoned my local service agent who use 'reception' ladies and when I described the fault was told to call Ford Assist to have the car taken to them and they may look at it the following day. I suggested I drive it but was told they could not comment on that as they would become liable.

I phoned another service agent (further away), who use men with 'knowledge' rather than receptionists and was told I could drive it for the remainder of the week and take it to them in four days. If another problem occurred during that time I should call Ford Assist.

I have previously had a false engine management warning whilst leaving that particular service centre, so, coupled with the fact that no fault was recorded this time, I decided to take their advice and drive the car.

The following day I took it by appointment to the first service centre who did not find a fault and they repeated what the second service centre had said. The receptionist said it must have been a 'blip'!

It would appear that if you restart the engine and no fault is reported you can drive the car. I did worry if the engine stopped whilst driving, steering control would be lost because it is electric. However, it is run from the battery. Have you noticed how it is impossible to move the steering wheel with the engine stopped?

I think 'receptionists' who are pretty and always toying with their hair, form a barrier between the knowledgeable customer and the technicians, a totally different experience from where you discuss with people who have knowledge and where the technicians are easily accessible.

I think, although the second service centre is further away by some 10 miles, I will use them in future.

Edited by: makem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 9th April 2013, 14:44

[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img] I have to agree with you makem.

I'm fortunate, my dealer is only 5 mins from me, and they know me very well - I get no flannel, just an exceptional service in each and every department [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford B-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page