Flooding in boot, rear and driver foot wells - Page 2 - Ford B-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 30th January 2020, 21:15

Hi B Max Mike, sorry for the slow reply, been so busy lately. Further to what's been posted, See attached. 1st 2 pics show the retainer that holds the sides in.
The other pics show general stuff and how the smallest drops of water would be channelled straight down the side of the vent and straight into the car interior.
These were taken the morning after the reseal operation, hence the rear lights are in place.
Still in the process of refitting the interior, the carpet has been dry as a bone since.

Regards to all you happy B Max owners
(and the not so happy ones).

Ian
NOTE:
Not sure why the pics are on their sides, not done this sort of thing before!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200125_121339_1580418245374.jpg (256.3 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg 20200125_121325_1580418259543.jpg (370.7 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg 20200125_121239_1580418304166.jpg (402.1 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg 20200125_121235_1580418323957.jpg (213.4 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 20200125_121251_1580418340964.jpg (423.2 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg 20200125_121256_1580418390409.jpg (297.4 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by Pops; 30th January 2020 at 21:20. Reason: Comment
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 31st January 2020, 11:37

Got a crick in my neck now !!

Useful info. though. Thanks.

John

Titanium X Tectonic Silver 1.0 125ps Eco.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 13th February 2020, 08:55

It seems we have the same problem! See my post on a similar issue...

What fooled us is that the wtaer was first discovered in the drivers footwell! ( Our driveway is on a slope)

I have just sat in a stripped out car in a rain storm and found the water is coming from the back of the boot all the way forward....even wicking up the soundproofing on the firewall.

I have yet to identify the source, but it's entering the boot from the lower of two small holes that go through to the area the vents operate in...even though our engineer taped those holes over last night!

At least the answer is near......
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 17th February 2020, 08:32

Can anyone tell me how to remove the painted panel that sits behind the rearmost side window? It seems two mounting holes there may have deteriorated washers which are letting the water into the rear inner arch and from there it gets past a sticky black bit of tape and gets EVERYWHERE!

Our engineer can't work out how to get the panel off for fear of it breaking.......

This image apparently shows what is under this panel:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg b max leak.JPG (26.4 KB, 20 views)
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 29th February 2020, 14:50

Have you read all this post and not the last post ?.
Look on my links.
https://www.bmaxownersclub.co.uk/for...81-post10.html

B-Max, 1.6tdci, Titanium, Blazer Blue, 2013
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 1st March 2020, 15:37

Yes I've read all the threads right through...I think.

Bit of an update...We've got those painted sidepanels off and the grey plastic criss-cross boards they mount on with. VRemoved the rear doo rails and masticed behind them and on top of them after refitting.
Holes into the boot masticed over and both vents mnasticed up too. Any holes that don't serve a purpose masticed.

The car still fills with water!

It hits the masticed over holes on each side so hard it pushes its way through eventually...the water making its way forward past the rear seat mountings and into the rear footwell. Parked on a slope facing downwards the water travels under two crossmembers and gets right forward to the firewall soundproofing that wicks it up.

It literally gets from one ened of thew car to theother under the carpets!

I've semi cured the problem by drilling several holes through the sloping metal INSIDE the holes that leak into the boot area and then chiseling them into one big hole to let the water drain out. I then used aquarium grade silicon sealant to close over the hole sinto the boot..the ones that Ford put a bit of black tape over.

I've removed all soundproofing wading and foam pads.

I even siliconed all around the edges of the painted rear panel next to the rear quarterlight...but STILL water is getting in and dripping through my newly created holes...just not into the boot anymore!

I siliconed around all the grey plastic in the boot aperture too, but I don't think this or the light cluster is the cause........the holes I created are through a panel of metal that goes way up above those....Lord knows how the water gets into there.

At least the boot is now dry and the car windows don't mist up anymore, but what I've done is just a bodge...the water is still getting in where it shouldn't....and didn't for five years........but now it's a quart everytime it rains, but at least it's not in the car.

Three months in and out of the garage....and it still isn't fixed. Why aren't Ford on this????

post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 1st March 2020, 19:38

Silly question probably, can't you park on your sloping driveway other way round ?

John

Titanium X Tectonic Silver 1.0 125ps Eco.
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 2nd March 2020, 08:20

I can....but she apparently can't ;-)

I'll be honest, it isn't easy and I have to have two goes at it myself sometimes.

Even on level ground the boot gets wet and the rear passenger footwell though....

Heavy rain last night....nice dry boot. I'll say no more lest I jinx it!
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 2nd March 2020, 14:01

After all my work on mine I still have water coming in , When I get chance my next area to seal is around the two cable/pipe flexible ducts you can see when you have the boot open and look up to the gutter area in the centre.

B-Max, 1.6tdci, Titanium, Blazer Blue, 2013
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 2nd March 2020, 16:40

Fairly easy to checxk those Mike...pull the boot aperture trim away and slide your hand under the roof lining....mine was dry.

But...I do have water getting into the boot lid itself....so maybe.......

It drips out the join between lower and upper boot lid trim at the extreme left and right edges....drips into the boot sometimes as you open the lid. if there's a breeze.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford B-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page