Stop/start - Page 2 - Ford B-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 14th April 2013, 17:11
Groupie

I have had my B Max since November 12, and so far have been satisfied overall with its performance. I did submit a 3 month report in the newbies pages.

Stop/Start is a contentious issue, not least because I always worry that the car will not re-start and its
bound to happen when I am in heavy traffic. That said it has not let me down....
until this weekend, all of a sudden it has stopped working! I have tried switching it off and on with the interior switch to no avail will have to give it a week and if no good then guess its off to the dealer.

Another issue that arose was with
sync...all of a sudden when I pressed the button to make a phone call the prompt said Sync but nothing else...when I said call (name) it called someone completely different and did so with 4 other goes
. In the end I decided to go into menu
and do a master reset which seems to have fixed it, although of course I had to re-sync my phone and iPod again.

This forum is very useful and looking through the comments it would seem that overall most of us are content the with B Max. For me it is still the eco
engine that continues to amaze with its acceleration and good MPG I have the 120PS. Later this year will be heading to the continent so that is when I need to be 100% reliable!!

GeeBee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 14th April 2013, 23:30

I have not had much luck with the Phone Sync either, yesterday I said "CALL FLAY".... and the system started playing 'ColdPlay' from my playlist on my USB drive.....[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]which made me laugh out loud in the car... but still , did not do the thing I asked it to do...

post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 17th April 2013, 12:06

Is stop start standard on cars with the Diesel engine Titanium?
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 17th April 2013, 12:18

on a 1.5 and 1.6 diesel model, the city stop is an optional extra at a cost of 200

(Source Site:http://www.ford.co.uk/SBE/ConfigureYourVehicle/ConfigureVehicle/vid=1205012865978)

post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 17th April 2013, 14:05

D_Z,
I think Paul might mean the start / stop feature for while waiting in traffic perhaps. You know,engine switches off at the lights etc[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img].
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 17th April 2013, 14:49

Sorry should have made that clearer Its the city stop I am talking about.

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 17th April 2013, 15:27

I thought the city stop was the stop start feature...[img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 17th April 2013, 15:37

City Stop is for use in slow moving traffic and is activated by getting close to the car/object in front of you, as I understand it, the brakes are applied automatically when you get too close to the car in front, it does not switch off engine.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 17th April 2013, 15:56

Ah... thanks for that Gracow... [img]smileys/smiley9.gif[/img] I was wrong
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 17th April 2013, 16:03

[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]Hey D_Z it takes all sorts to make a world, and it would get pretty boring if we were all the same[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford B-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page