Blower only works on full! - Page 3 - Ford B-Max Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 24th June 2019, 23:23

No it was quite easy to remove when you know what side to go at it from! I made the mistake of trying to get it out from the drivers side after taking the odour filter out. Soon realised it had to be done from the passengers side.

As long as you have a torx screw driver kit to remove some screws then it's quite simple to do.
Vannnie likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 25th June 2019, 11:12 Thread Starter

My part arrived this morning so will connect it to test first, before installing it - hopefully it'll work!

B-Max Zetec Ecoboost
Deep Impact Blue
No-frills other than rear parking sensors...
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 25th June 2019, 12:56 Thread Starter

Unfortunately the part is slightly different, the 'green' part being longer than the one I took out. I did test it briefly and the fan worked on all settings, but the 'green' part got quite hot. I wasn't sure whether this was normal, but in any case it didn't fit into the hole and I felt a paper filter behind - so seemed like a fire hazard! There is a 14-day return policy so hopefully I'll be able to get my money back, being as it wasn't exactly the right part...

B-Max Zetec Ecoboost
Deep Impact Blue
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 25th June 2019, 13:23

yes the green part should get quite hot, its a high power resistor, and the power has to go somewhere - heat

having looked further on part numbers, there seem to be 2 variants for the bmax, dependant what version of aircon/climate control you have
Vannnie likes this.
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 25th June 2019, 15:17 Thread Starter

I got a quote from FordPartsUk after an online enquiry, which was £69.64 plus £6.95 postage and which looked identical to mine in their photo, but the spec on their page wasn't actually for a B-Max. It showed other models such as C-Max and KA, but looking online those are very different. Still, maybe that's their error so I'm going by the photo if I decide to buy it.

There is an alternative one around online, by Hella, which is around £50 plus £8.45 postage, but I'm thinking that maybe it would be best to go for a new Ford part given that the price difference isn't that enormous.

B-Max Zetec Ecoboost
Deep Impact Blue
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 1st July 2019, 18:01 Thread Starter

I have now installed the replacement and it seems to be working fine at the moment. I'm wondering if it's best not to use the fan on the slowest speed, so as not to overheat the component?

Annoyingly, I now see that the cheaper compatible parts are in stock again on various websites, but feel a bit more trusting of a FoMoCo part! (My husband paid me back for it anyway...no doubt cheaper than the garage would have cost...)

B-Max Zetec Ecoboost
Deep Impact Blue
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 1st July 2019, 21:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannnie View Post
I'm wondering if it's best not to use the fan on the slowest speed, so as not to overheat the component?
just use it normally, and replace in another 4 years if you have to
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 1st July 2019, 21:31 Thread Starter

I was thinking along those lines - now I'm an expert at replacing it, won't be a problem in future!

B-Max Zetec Ecoboost
Deep Impact Blue
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 5th July 2019, 21:52

maybe get a mechanic to see it?

Our 14 plate b-max has the same thing. But something rather sad happened. One day when we driving on the road (last sat when it was really hot) our car break down - it said its over heated. We have to walk back home (thankfully it is not too far) - but we notice some coolant leak. We send to the mechanics on Monday - mechanic thought its radiator had a hole in it, and hence the air con has problem. He replaced the bit and then it is still leaking. He is now not sure what's the problem - he suspect there is an engine problem. He said he can try a few other things if we want - but he is not confident this will fix the problem - but thats just purely guessing. We have been using him for a while and we trust his judgement - it was right in the past. We are now thinking to scrap the car....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford B-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page