Ford B-Max Forum banner

radio problem

5K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Tusker 
#1 ·
hi all........had a problem with my stereo..it suddenly cut of and started making screeching sound from left speaker.....it did this even though i turned off the radio.it did this for ten minutes untill i eventually had to turn car off completely..on restart everything back to normal...anyone else had issues . thanks

#6 ·
hi hywel....bought a second hand unit ..front facia (mine was scratched) screen and radio unit £110 from ebay...i removed old unit to get serial numbers etc to get correct one..only about 15 min job

#7 ·
My radio has died in the same circumstances as yours.. Ford dealer wants £630 for new unit !!!! on ebay I can find used replacements but few have exactly the same part number and many are advertised as "Focus" units.. a few C max... any insights ?? also though no expert I would have expected a permanent live at the unit but I cannot find one, can find ignition live !!! The fuse behind the passenger side storage compartment is good,, a post on another forum suggested a second fuse at the unit but there is none.. again any insights ??

#8 ·
I haven't taken the radio out in my car so I don't know the answer.
but since you seem to know how to test fuses and likewise, please let us know how you get it working.
yes it will be the same or very similar to fiesta, c-max and focus.

also you don't say which radio it is, there were several different ones fitted dependant on trim spec.

#9 ·
I bought a used unit from a car breaker, the Part No of my unit is BM5T-18C815-HM the replacement BM5T-18C815-HN came from a Focus. Both are named "RADIO AHU DAB" and look identical. This morning I swapped them over and it made no difference. I was assured by the part seller that they only put working items onto their shelves. so I'm stumped. Either the replacement unit is not the same or there is a different problem. There is ignition live to the unit but no permanent live which in my amateur mind seems strange. The display shows the time and date and when I switch the radio on it says "Ford Audio" but nothing else works.. Is there possibly some re-initiation routine after the fuses have been out or when a new unit is installed ??? I'm at a loss now, ideas please, anyone..

#10 ·
Could it be that each individual radio is coded to the car it was installed in ?
If so the radio will need to be re-coded to your car, i assume by Ford themselves ?
I know the radio in a Nissan i used to own was coded to the car, and that car was older than the ones members have in this forum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.