Ford B-Max Forum banner

Air conditioning stopped

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  paulabe 
#1 ·
Hello

This is my first post and was hoping that somebody could help. My air conditioning has stopped working. In fact the heater system has gone haywire. Garage has checked air con gas and pump and fine however error showing lost communication with supply module? Possibly looking at a new part that isn't going to be cheap. Any suggestions ideas would be welcome.

Thank you

Paula

#3 ·
Hello

Update. The car had a diagnostic test (wasn't told it was 106 until they had the car) firstly I was expecting a printed out report from the test highlighting what the test had found. Received a handwritten piece of paper saying what was tested and a sheet with the parts required. Before i phone does anybody know that you can get a printed report?

The air con had stopped but the heater was still able to blow out hot air. The air con gas level fine. The shock is that I have been told it needs two parts. Evaporator and Housind Assy and Motor Assay. Not cheap and couldn't believe what they have quoted.

Any feedback on above would be very appreciated.

Thanks

#4 ·
Not cheap and couldn't believe what they have quoted.
what was the quote?

I think to replace internal parts of the aircon, you have to remove dash...
but to do that you need to remove:
drivers door, seats, steering wheel and column, carpet, gear-change, wipers... oh and a lot of 'trim'

but maybe possible if you have a double-jointed, left-handed dismantling gnome (and importantly, another re-assembly gnome)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.