Rear Wiper Arm - Ford B-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 14th March 2013, 15:41 Thread Starter

Today I washed my B-Max after the bad weather at the start of the week and lifted the rear wiper arm to wash under the wiper and when I did the wiper arm came off[img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img]but was not broken. I then noticed there was no hook on the motor end of the spring so could not just clip it back on, so booked in with my dealer next week for spring to be replaced.

The other thing I noticed was that the spring its self had no give in it and was very stiff, so would of had trouble getting the arm high enough to replace the blade.

I would like to know if any other owners have a stiff spring on their rear wiper arm?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 14th March 2013, 21:22

My rear wiper arm only lifts about one inch. It's not like any other car I have had before where the wiper can spring up to right angle. It seams very strange to me. I had a cmax where the wiper lifts right up.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 14th March 2013, 23:03

A bit more on mine 2-3 inches but it must be difficult to change it without removing the arm
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 15th March 2013, 09:53

I wonder if this is due to another FORD cheaper option[img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img] package - i.e. whip it off, and charge for a full replacement, rather than fit a new blade[img]smileys/smiley3.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley3.gif[/img]!Or maybe, the "Technicians" arn't taught how to change blades these days[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 20th March 2013, 17:01 Thread Starter

Went to the dealers today and and they refitted the rear wiper arm and it now lifts correctly and the spring does not feel tight. I expect it had not been fitted correctly in the first place.

So be wear if you have a tight spring on your rear wiper as the spring may just pop off when you lift the wiper for cleaning or blade replacement.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 20th March 2013, 17:13

Hi SKEV,
Did the dealer tell you why the problem existed?

I would have thought that they would have checked that in the P.D.I. [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 22nd March 2013, 00:48 Thread Starter

No I was told that they are designed to only lift so far now and not all the way, the trouble was I couldn't even lift mine high enough to change the blade.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 31st March 2013, 19:00

My rear wiper is the same. Are Ford going to do a fix does anyone know ?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 31st March 2013, 20:37

Firstly - NICE TO YOU, TO SEE YOU NICE D-Z [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smiley32.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smiley10.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smiley10.gif[/img].

I wonder Specialk if we wait for a special day will Ford actually listen to us mere mortals who buy their products [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img].
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 31st March 2013, 20:51 Thread Starter

Specialk

If your passing your Ford Dealer and you have a spare 5 mins show them it will only take a technician 2 mins to remove and fit properly.

My Dealer was busy and wanted to keep the car the whole day and get to it at some point, which I told them I was not happy with and someone did it straight away.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford B-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page