Tyre Pressure Sensors - Ford B-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 28th May 2018, 15:42 Thread Starter

Just bought my 2015 B-Max and the only little issue is that despite me keep resetting the tyre pressure warnings, it's keeps coming on when driving.
All tyre pressures have been checked and are fine but I can't get the car to understand that!!!

Any advise would be helpful
Thanks in advance

Short and sweet (Just like me!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 28th May 2018, 23:01

If pressures are ok, your car has passive pressure sensing using abs rotation sensors. Did you get new tyres in the purchase deal? Check all the tyre sizes and types carefully, followed by the tread depths. This would also happen if using a space saver spare.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 28th May 2018, 23:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by algie
If pressures are ok, your car has passive pressure sensing using abs rotation sensors. Did you get new tyres in the purchase deal? Check all the tyre sizes and types carefully, followed by the tread depths. This would also happen if using a space saver spare.
Both my Ford dealer and my local independent tyre fitters say, categorically, that my Ford Bmax Titanium X 1.6 Powershift, has a separate pressure sensor in each valve stem and NOT ABS rotation sensors.

I was wrong once but then I could be mistaken.
2014 Bmax 1.6 Powershift Titanium X
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 28th May 2018, 23:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by number6
Quote:
Originally Posted by algie
Both my Ford dealer and my local independent tyre fitters say, categorically, that my Ford Bmax Titanium X 1.6 Powershift, has a separate pressure sensor in each valve stem and NOT ABS rotation sensors.

That is your Car! Mine definitely has passive. If pressures are indeed equal then car would not give warning unless there is a rolling circumference difference.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 29th May 2018, 11:01

Hi Algie,

The manual shows the system as ABS based but, on more than one occasion, my Tyre Pressure Warning has appeared on switching the car on, in the morning, i.e. before a wheel has been turned.
Maybe there has been a modification on some models.

UPDATE.... just did some research. It seems that Ford changed the system from direct (valve sensors) to indirect (ABS based) in Dec 2014. So, depending on when your car was built, you could get either.

Edited by: number6

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 29th May 2018, 11:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMidget
Just bought my 2015 B-Max and the only little issue is that despite me keep resetting the tyre pressure warnings, it's keeps coming on when driving.
All tyre pressures have been checked and are fine but I can't get the car to understand that!!!

Thanks in advance
there have been several threads on this.essentially, after setting all the tyre pressures correctly, you need to reset the monitoring system.
procedure is in the car handbook

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 29th May 2018, 11:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMidget

Thanks in advance
there have been several threads on this.essentially, after setting all the tyre pressures correctly, you need to reset the monitoring system.
procedure is in the car handbook

As i mention above, there have been two systems. With the direct (valve sensor), which I have, the warning goes off, on its own, when pressure is corrected. Only the indirect system (ABS based) needs to be reset manually.

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 29th May 2018, 18:28

Hmm... :-? Mine was made on 14th of February 2017 amd has valve sensor.

No more waiting for B-MAX TITANIUM with TITANIUM pack (no \"Follow me home\"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
), 1.5 TDCi 95 Frozen white, Driver pack 2, Winter pack and panoramic roof built on 14th of February: I have it! :>
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 29th May 2018, 19:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdragoslav
Hmm... :-? Mine was made on 14th of February 2017 amd has valve sensor.
Maybe the change in pressure sensing spec varied, either by country or by model.

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 30th May 2018, 13:42

I have the 2015 1.6 diesel and mine has the tyre inflation connected pressure sensors and I would highly suspect every B Max has the same. without seeing evidence to prove otherwise. Your local garage/tyre fitting place will be able to reset them if that is what is needed. If a new sensor has been fitted, they do have to be "re-introduced" to the car by use of a hand held scanner.i know this because when my tyre fitter broke one of mine, I watched him do this procedure.

1.6 tdci, remapped to 120 bhp, Panther Black Titanium with rear view camera, nav pac and front sensors. Always willing to stop & help in any situation I can. Karma is a beautiful thing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford B-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page