Ford B-Max Forum banner

Petrol fuel pump failure.

12K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  stuck at 2000rpms 
#1 ·
Has anybody experienced early petrol fuel pump failure with 1.0 125ps engined B-Max.± 36,400 miles on the clock and four and a half years old. In a past life I was a Customer Concerns Investigator working in the UK out of Ford Genk in Belgium and in so doing I drove on average± 63,000 miles a year with no problems. Our Customer Complaints office in Brussels just brushed me off with 'that is normal wear and tear as your car is rather old'. I will certainly take this further if someone has got any info that I can use.

See less See more
#3 ·
My Ecoboost 1l 125ps had a sudden fuel pump failure at about 25000 miles, 10 days short of three years old.

Huge inconvenience as it involved hours and hours in AA Relay and the sudden engine failure happened in extremely busy roadworks on the M6; really dangerous and scarey. My wife was driving at the time.

Repaired under warranty. Still love the car!Edited by: JohnU

#5 ·
Now there you have me. I thought there was only one.

I am reasonably sure it was in the fuel tank as the AA. chap who helped me said they have to drop the tank to fix it as there is not the sometimes found access hatch via the rear seat in the Bmax. Main dealers never seem to be very forthcoming about what has been done! I suppose most of their customers are not particularly interested in the problem.

#9 ·
the in tank pumps are very common items between makes and models, and don't often fail.

the ecoboost 1L engine HP pump is unusual, since its very high pressure [direct injection] petrol. (common on diesel engines, but those pumps are better lubricated by the fuel)

#13 ·
Hi,
My fuel tank fuel pump ""˜blew' last week. It was caused by frayed wires in the loom which blew fuses and then the pump. My reliable local garage described the wiring state as ""˜shocking' - the fault is potentially life threatening since all power would be lost. Fortunately it happened in a car park. Will take this up with Ford (Bmax from new, regularly serviced 61k over 5 years). If fraying wites are a problem, Ford need to address it.

#17 ·
Bmax Petrol fuel pump failure

My 62 Bmax Eco boost 1.0 just suffered a petrol pump failure at just over 36000 miles and it stopped pretty suddenly with me fortunately in the inside lane just after two warning lights showed. It was on a narrow 4lane bridge so caused quite a bit of chaos until police rolled me back off the hill. Finally home after 7 hours so quite alarming and frightening to think where I could have been driving such as in the fast lane of a motorway. Garage said they fitted a new lift pump and it cost me £400. Any others had similar recently?

#18 ·
HI All
I have a 2013 ford BMax which lost power this weekend. one minute I was doing 50mph the next the engine would only go to 2000rpm's - Is this the same symptoms you have had ref your fuel pump issues? it is not cheap and I want to make sure I am buying the right part to solve the issue - any advice would be greatly appreciated

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.