Heated screens - Ford B-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 21st September 2017, 14:25 Thread Starter

Hello, I have recently had a problem that my front and rear heated screens don't work, this problem is intermittent. I recently went for a service and they said my battery is at 50% and when it gets that low the car will shut off some functions to stop loss of battery. They said nothing wrong with battery itself when I suggested buying a new one, just said give it a good charge then it will be ok. I have charged it, and the problem still there. Although I've never charged a battery before and the lights didn't seem to go the whole way. I took it to a local garage to enquire about a new battery, they tested it and said there was nothing wrong with the battery. Has anyone else has similar problems with heated screens? I would have thought the car would shut the stereo or the climate control off before the function to actually clear your screen? Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 21st September 2017, 15:28

I am sure I have seen this on here before, and that you have to take the car for a run before it re-enables the high power accessories
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 21st September 2017, 17:20

The Power Management shuts down the Heated Screens because they are a very high current draw until the battery reaches a pre determined state of charge.

B-Max Titanium 1.0 125bhp manual City Pack.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 21st September 2017, 17:27 Thread Starter

Thank you, yes I understand that but what I can't undersyand is that tha garage tester my battery today and said it was fine but they are still not working.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 21st September 2017, 17:28 Thread Starter

My spelling is shocking. Trying to multi task and not working [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 21st September 2017, 18:18

Ha ha.Your battery may well be fine, it just needs a good charge.If you do a lot of short journeys the battery will never become replenished. An overnight charge or a long run should do the trick.
The garage may well be right; you could buy a new battery and the problem could return.

B-Max Titanium 1.0 125bhp manual City Pack.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 22nd September 2017, 10:48

True, i hear of so many people who are sold batteries they dont need.

B Max Titanium X 1.0 125 bhp in Magnetic with built in SatNav and rear sensors.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 22nd September 2017, 15:44

Andrea22
I have notice the quick clear heated windscreen is only really effective if run by itself. By that I mean, no interiorheating, no lights (other than the daylight runners) no aircon etc. You may then find the heater works fine.Mine from cold, normally takes about2 mins to clear a frostyscreen. I will say though, the rear screen heateris better.

hope this helps

Willow
Zetec Ecoboost 1.0 100ps Deep Impact Blue
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 22nd September 2017, 17:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by cianpars
True, i hear of so many people who are sold batteries they dont need.
yep its good that some company's are honest enough to say "no, that's not what you need". and you should go back to them in the future.

Edited by: Gremlin
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 22nd September 2017, 17:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea22
Although I've never charged a battery before and the lights didn't seem to go the whole way.
a full charge of a battery will take many hours. ideally >10hr/ overnight unless its a wimpy charger or the battery is very flat when it may need more.
modern chargers* are designed to cutoff before 'over charging', however, certainly for the 1l ecobost engines the 'winter boost' should be the target charge
* lidl have their modern/clever chargers this week

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford B-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page