tow bar query - Page 3 - Ford B-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 30th December 2014, 18:26 Thread Starter
Groupie

I'm on my third one John, not because of problems, just because, really! I know what you mean about the forums. If you were to read them before you bought the car you would just walkaway, but I can honestly say that the only problem I have had was a failed number plate lamp on the second b-max(warranty job).The B-max is, I believe,the Fusions replacement and is also based on the Fiestafloor pan/running gear. Personally I find them a good all round car. Boot could be a tad largerperhaps but hey, we'd only find more junk to put in it eh? All my B-maxes have been the 1.0lt 125ps variant.
Regards Micky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 30th December 2014, 19:15

Hi and welcome,

As Micky says, Forums are where the problems are aired. They allow you to get help and (sometimes) just blast off at the design flaws which all new cars have, and bureaucracy which sometimes accompanies the problems.
What you only occasionally see are the comments about what is right and why people like Micky keep getting them.
Like a lot of others I have had a niggle or two with my B-Max, but I would have another like a shot. I have been lucky enough to be able to indulge myself over the cars we have had for the family, and as a result have had several new (or nearly new), from a variety of the manufacturers over the years, and I do not remember one which was completely trouble-free.
With this model, the only thing which I personally would avoid from the information I have got on the forum, would be the 1.6 auto; but that is the same power unit as in the Fiesta where it also gives some of the owners problems.
Overall the the proof of the model is 'Would you recommend it to a friend?', and I would; and as there are a number of posters on here who have replaced their original B-Max with another, then they probably would too.

([img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img] By the way I disagree with Micky on the size - for me it is just right!)

Geri

B-Max Zetec 1.4 Petrol
Mid 2015 build
Pretend Spare Wheel
City Pack
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 30th December 2014, 22:21

Thanks to both of you, I am going to buy the 1.6 tdci. Completed it today!! Now I wait and collect new parts or it. Will message bck after the new year with the details. THANK YUO BOTH for all the help. Ordered the tow bar today from Ford but can change my mind if I wish.
Thanks and see you soon
John Osborne

John Osborne
post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 30th December 2014, 22:22

Thanks to both of you, I am going to buy the 1.6 tdci. Completed it today!! Now I wait and collect new parts or it. Will message back after the new year with the details. THANK YOU BOTH for all the help. I have ordered the tow bar today from Ford but I can change my mind if I wish.
Thanks and see you soon
John Osborne

John Osborne
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 31st December 2014, 10:29

John24I have had a Bmax 1.6tdci Titanium Trim since 2012, other than a warranty replacement windscreen no other problems, like many members I have had a variety of vehicles over the years and Bmax is among the most comfortable to drive(worst Mercedes Vaneo over priced piece of German engineering and design gone mad)
Best wishes for 2015 and enjoy your new Bmax
[img]smileys/smiley20.gif[/img]

1.6TDCi Titanium X pack 95ps Panther Black Reg 29/09/2012
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 6th January 2015, 10:43

Like others have said forums are a great place to find problems but for some reason there are plenty of people out there enjoying their B-Max who won't sign up to say so :/

It's not just here, I've been a member of many forums and they're all the same.[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 11th January 2021, 20:46

Recommended B-Max Towbar with 7pin socket, electrics, etc.

I know that this is an older thread now, but I bought and fitted a detachable tow bar with 7-pin socket, electrics, relay and audio indicator circuit - very good engineering and high quality at an very good price. (Summer 2020.)
Everything I needed was sent with instructions and electrical diagram.
Excellent value for money and the towbar can be easily removed and put in the boot so that the rear collision sensors can continue to be used.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Detach-To...item3a972a0a9e

Good luck - hopefully they still stock them!
Paul

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford B-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page