water in boot - Page 2 - Ford B-Max Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 10th January 2018, 20:29

Send a message via AIM to Berlin Bmax
So the leak in my B-max's boot has apparently been fixed. The garage used a UV dye in water to find the source and there appeared to be two. One was the worn/missing sealing around the bolts that hold the rear sliding door guide rail. The second was around an air outlet behind the rear bumper. The air outlet is there to exhaust air when the doors are rapidly closed in order to prevent excess pressure build up on the window and door seals (I had never considered that cars needed such a feature).

So if anyone else has leaky boot problems then all you need to do it remove the rear light cluster and rear bumper to get to the (probable) source. I can't say exactly where the fixtures are for these parts or how hard they are to get at because I had the garage do it for me. They charged only 1.5 hours labour so it couldn't have been that hard (for the professionals at least).

I've uploaded a couple of pictures to help with the orientation.[img]uploads/949/Bmax_boot_leak_source.jpg[/img]
Roger in Bristol likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 10th January 2018, 21:02

Thanks for the info .. hopefully won't need it but you never know !

John

Titanium X Tectonic Silver 1.0 125ps Eco.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 11th January 2018, 09:43

Thanks for the the info, I have often wondered where the air outlet is, not that I am going to do anythng with it, I am just curious about things.

Jack, B-Max Titanium 1.5 diesel,intercooler,SOHC, manual G/B, Moondust Silver,30/9/2016.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 1st November 2018, 18:01

hi all, new to the group but just wanted to add to this thread. I found I had water in the wheel well after having bad condensation in the car. I also noticed that a bag I had stored in the boot (LH storage pocket) smelt slightly of diesel. on investigation I found that the rubber hose that drains water & spilt diesel from the filler cap was blocked and seemed to be leaking in between the panel. behind the storage pocket there is a hole with some foam behind it that was sodden will water and diesel. only just fixed it so can't 100% co firm this was the issue but I'm pretty certain it was.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 1st November 2018, 18:29

Get inside the car while someone applies a hose pipe to the outside ?
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 27th December 2019, 17:42

Hi Berlin BMax.
I am a new member of the his forum.
I too have water in the bootofmy BMax. I cannot see how to view your photos. Did you post them? If so, how do I look at them?
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 28th December 2019, 12:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger in Bristol View Post
I cannot see how to view your photos. Did you post them? If so, how do I look at them?
the forum software was updated a while ago, and this broke links to photos

the link should now be
https://www.bmaxownersclub.co.uk/for...eak_source.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bootleak.jpg (248.2 KB, 19 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford B-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page