Tyre pressure indicator - Page 3 - Ford B-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 8th March 2018, 20:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmaxChris
It is odd that the Ford main dealer say they have never had a problem but any used car dealer says they get the problem all the time.
Dealers seem to say that about any common problem. The same happened when my bluetooth stopped working after not using the car for three days. I managed to fix that myself.
Lots of people had reported the same problem

Edited by: Hadrian1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 8th March 2018, 20:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmaxChris
It is odd that the Ford main dealer say they have never had a problem but any used car dealer says they get the problem all the time.
Surely you are not suggesting that a car dealer would be 'economical with the truth'?[img]smileys/smiley3.gif[/img]

I was wrong once but then I could be mistaken.
2014 Bmax 1.6 Powershift Titanium X
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 9th March 2018, 17:43

The Ford dealer wont admit that my auto wipers dont work properly but the sensitivity control has no effect whatsoever. I am having difficulty proving it though.

It works fine when I switch it to manual in the menu, but i'm annoyed that I paid extra for something that doesnt work.Edited by: cianpars

B Max Titanium X 1.0 125 bhp in Magnetic with built in SatNav and rear sensors.
post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 9th March 2018, 18:16
Groupie

hi all...some rubber valves using tpms sensors are quite fragile..i would suggest changing them to bolt in ..the tpms sensors unscrew from the valve on most models and provided the correct fitment is used are interchangeable....brass part on bottom of valve has diffent shapes...
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 9th March 2018, 18:34

Your reply is really interesting. I was not aware you could get bolt in valves. Do I assume these are not Ford parts?

Ford B-max Titanium X 2014 1.0l ecoboost.
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 9th March 2018, 18:39

I doubt whetheranything other than original parts would communicate with the system.

Since I would not want to shell out a shed load of money for them, I would just use standard valves. I managed for over 40 years without tyre pressure sensors, just need to check the pressures the old fashioned way from time to time.

post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 9th March 2018, 18:47

My plan B is to fit old style valves without sensors but my sensors are working fine it is just that I can not solve the escape of air from the valve sealing to the rim. Seems ridiculous but there is no sign of corrosion around the hole the valve goes through and after replacing with genuine Ford valves they still let air out.

If i can get bolt in valves onto which I can fit my sensors (they only attache to the valve with a scew) then that would be a better result.

post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 18th March 2018, 09:05

I have had bolt in valves fitted and so far all is good. The pressure monitor is working and it is nice not to have the alarm ringing all the time.

I believe this has solved the issue.

post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 28th January 2020, 23:49

I Have just bought a 2015 bmax, not knowing of this fault, driving home from the dealer to the tyre pressure light pinging. Put some air in fine for a couple days then starts again, noticed the corrosion around the valves but never seen it before and wasn't aware it would cause problems. Soapy water all around, front passenger side valve stem leaking air. So replaced. Done 20k, kinda disheartened now knowing its going to be a constant hassle to add to cost.
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 29th January 2020, 01:26

Fairly standard problem with alloy wheels, though the alloys on the B-MAX ain't the best quality.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford B-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page