The B Max finally came - Page 4 - Ford B-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 112 (permalink) Old 21st January 2017, 11:59

You'll like the heated seats at this time of year !

John

Titanium X Tectonic Silver 1.0 125ps Eco.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 112 (permalink) Old 21st January 2017, 12:16

Certainly will,bitter out this morning.
post #33 of 112 (permalink) Old 21st January 2017, 13:34

In degrees Celsius, please! (At what temperature do you say it's bitter?)

No more waiting for B-MAX TITANIUM with TITANIUM pack (no \"Follow me home\"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
), 1.5 TDCi 95 Frozen white, Driver pack 2, Winter pack and panoramic roof built on 14th of February: I have it! :>
post #34 of 112 (permalink) Old 21st January 2017, 14:21 Thread Starter

It was 0 degrees celsius when I left home and 4 degrees now. Heated seats very nice but no need to turn onto maximum.

B Max Titanium X 1.0 125 bhp in Magnetic with built in SatNav and rear sensors.
post #35 of 112 (permalink) Old 21st January 2017, 19:38 Thread Starter

[img]uploads/1464/20170121_192647.jpg[/img]

This is a photograph of page 51 of the manual that describes the follow me home lights.

I have checked all the presales documentation and advertising literature and there is no mention of this feature anywhere (which is why I didn't give it any thought until you mentioned it).

I also checked the vehicle ETIS and that doesnt mention it either (you can check the ETIS for yoursrlf from the registration plate if you would like to).

Hope you find this information of help.Edited by: cianpars

post #36 of 112 (permalink) Old 21st January 2017, 19:46 Thread Starter

I'm surprisrd that these lights are so much of an issue for you as I was not even aware of this feature and completely missed it when I first read the manual.

It really would't bother me if this feature did not exist at all.

Still, it has been an interesting discussion.

The next issue is going to be fuel consumption as I am only just managing to get 40 mpg driving like a granny and very little town driving - driven in this way, I would have been getting closr to 50 mpg in my Fiesta. Heaven knows what mpg I will get when I start driving it harder after running in.

post #37 of 112 (permalink) Old 21st January 2017, 20:00

Hmm!.. :-? It is strange, isn't it?!? Ford sells in the UK B-MAXes having a feature they do not ask money for and do not even mention its existence prior to having the car at home.[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]
Instead of doing the same here, Ford rebuked me for daring to ask why they do not offer it anymore... while they offer it not that far away, in fact.

So Ford didn't tell you they're going to surprise with such a... gift.[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

I will not leave them alone until they explain why my car will not have Follow me home; or it'll have?..?[img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]

I cannot see anything on ETIS because there's no VIN until 17th of February.

It indeed helps me understanding that Ford are dizzy.[img]smileys/smiley21.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
), 1.5 TDCi 95 Frozen white, Driver pack 2, Winter pack and panoramic roof built on 14th of February: I have it! :>
post #38 of 112 (permalink) Old 21st January 2017, 20:05 Thread Starter

I just went onto the etis site and entered my registration number and it gave all the information.

I can't imagine that your car will not have it. It looks like a standard fitting.

post #39 of 112 (permalink) Old 21st January 2017, 20:21

Thank you so much for your patience in the first place!

It's not only the missing feature, but the way they treat me when I ask WHY (they're doing this to me)!..
Plus there's no START/STOP just like... that; no explanation at all.
Of course, after reading about problems with this feature and knowing from my wife and a few friends who work at Continental (automotive, not tyre stuff) about software problems that occure even after the tests are considered well done, i take the not-anymore-existing-START/STOP as a blessing to me, never having to solve issues of it.[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]
On the other hand, Follow me home is a feature that suits like a glove to me, having the parking platform at about 25 m from the house door and I planned the position of it having in mind this feature.
My house is the last on a 250 m private blind alley. Of course, we bought street lamps and stuff; there's enough light, I guess. But when I know Ford offers SYNC 3 (Fiest ST and Kuga) and 6 gear manual transmission and automatic parking (on C-MAX, if I remember right) and in the mean time, advertises B-MAX as a INNOVATIVE car, the withdrawal of a feature that was a minimum to consider B-MAX the way Ford pretends is a nonsense and, beyond anything, a LIE!.. The key is their attitude: kindly, amiably.., or frigid and stiff!?..

Edited by: vdragoslav

post #40 of 112 (permalink) Old 21st January 2017, 20:34

I will not say a word regarding that feature if you'll tell me when did you place the order!..[img]smileys/smiley9.gif[/img]Your B-MAX was ready for being collected on the 16th, right?!?

Have a look: Ford gave me WRITTEN they DO NOT OFFER "Follow me home" anymore: "...since 01/04/2016 until new modifications and renewal, the headlights with feature "follow me home" exists no more in the offer, starting with April 2016..."

[img]uploads/1569/Ford....jpg[/img]

Edited by: vdragoslav

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford B-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page